Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have a '45 that was FTR'd by BSA in '53 .
Some fellas will dismiss the Ishy rifles as being inferior...I aint one of them...

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
DAyamm them is purty rifles. Mine is painted black.

·
Registered
495 Posts
NICE rifles gentlemen. I need to put pics up of my new favorite gun: 1945 No4 MK1 made in Fazakerley, FTR in 47.
On another note, I am considering buying an Ishapore rifle if I can find one with pretty bore and decent wood. Is it possible to strip off that old nasty black paint they used on the metal and blue it? I don't really like how it looks, but have heard you can sometimes happen across a pretty good shooter. I would most likely refinish the wood too. haha.
aaron

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,341 Posts
Acarpenter - any good paint stripper should remove the paint. But I'd go with Brownell's Alumahyde II or maybe Guncote in semi-gloss black to keep it looking more 'original' - a good hot blueing would look nice though. I have had very spotty luck using the various cold blue kits to do entire rifles.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I used mineral spirits and 00 steel wool to get black paint of the metal. Finish underneath was beautiful. RFI Mark III

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
Did my photo come up ?
Link came up and photo showed when clicked. Copy the "image" line in photobucket and it will bring the picture over.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts