Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a decent deer hunting rifle, but I also like the historical side of things too. I 've heard good things about these Ishapore .308 NATO rifles, and they are alot cheaper that the Remington 770, which is my next choice. ($160 vs. $~475)

Anyone know anything about them? Do they come in good condition, are they accurate and are they even worth it or should I spring for a newer commercial rifle?

·
Premium Member
3,616 Posts
Sorry to go off topic, but I wonder who else will see " Indian Enfield " and think of the Royal Enfield motorcycles made in Indian.

But to your question, if money is tight I`d search the used rifles for a suitable deer rifle, you`ll get a scope and all for similar money as opposed to a bare bones military rifle.

Sure it could do the job, but to me a deer rifle would be a bolt action wearing a scope that was easy to carry.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I,ve got an Ishy.
It's an batterd old lady but still hits the target.
I left it as it came.
You have to take in mind that these rifles come in different conditions so you'll have to look for a good one but they are all roughly made but mostly function good!

Rob

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,322 Posts
I've got an Ishy with no import marks...all # matching in vgd condition.

It is a big clunky milsurp that I'm sure would take a deer...or most other game.

But it is clumsy (but cool)...there are better choices out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts