close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Info on another revolver please

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by bowser, Apr 26, 2002.

1. bowser

bowser G&G Newbie

I have a revolver that I inherited after my grandmother passed away. No one in the family has any idea as to where the handgun came from, other than my grandmother said a friend of her father had given him the gun when she was a kid. The gun is a small Peacemaker-type build, SA/DA in 32 S&W.
    6 shot cylinder, finish looks like a worn black oxide maybe? Also rolled into the top of the barrel is "Alamo Ranger". On the frame, cylinder and barrel is a small standing lion, like what you would see on a coat of arms, and "made in spain" is just below the loading gate. I have yet to find the serial number anywhere, though there does not seem to be an area where it was filed off. If any one can find any info on this, I would be very interested to hear what you find. Thanks.

2. BADSBSNF81

BADSBSNF81 G&G Newbie

Sounds like an inexpensive Spanish handgun. SN's weren't required before 68. Little to no value (75-100 or so). If a gunsmith checks it out and says it's safe to fire have at it. I'd ask him to look at the area where you think a SN was. Maybe he could bring it back with some acid.