close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Info wanted on Raging Bull

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by GlockGuy 23, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Anyone have experience with the big bore/long barrel Raging Bulls? I'm most concerned about durability and longevity...

2. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Glock, I have experience with them. Trust me- you can shoot it all day long for the rest of your life and still be able to will it to your children. They are extremely rugged and are built like a tank.

Word to the wise;
    Wear hearing protection around these pistols, even if you're 15 feet away. The report is EXTREMELY loud and will cause permanent hearing loss with one shot. No joke. My cousin lost 20% from 2 shots from his Raging Bull in the blink of an eye.

The ones we all have are in .454 Casull. The .44's aren't too bad, and the .480 Rugers aren't bad, either. I have a 6-1/2" barrel, but the others all have 8-3/8" on theirs. Not one problem so far, and my buddy has over 1000 rounds of .454 through his and it shoots better today than it did when he bought it a year and a half ago. With Winchester 300 grain flat points, he can get 5 shots into a 7/8" hole at 50 yards. Mine shoots the 325 grainers best. Don't know why, but it does. If you get one, let me know what you picked out. The grips do a great job on reducing recoil, too. :)

3. Thanks for the info. Basically I'm considering one for hunting and fun. haven't decided on a caliber, yet, but leaning toward the 454. Probably the 8+" barrel and a scope...

4. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

We all got ours in .454 because you can shoot .45LC in them for practice. I've never hunted with mine yet, but plan on it next year. You'll love the Bull because it's a very heavy piece of ordnance and it commands attention.
    One other thing-if you mount a scope on it, be sure and use 3 rings to secure it. If you only use 2, it will shake it loose in short order. We all use Tasco PDP-3's and they work just fine.

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

You can't go wrong with any of the Taurus line. I am trying to collect all of the tracker series. Have a tracker in .22 and its a great gun, way overbuilt for a .22.