Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Smith Corina 03-A3 Mfg April 1943. It has been sporterized. The stock I believed to be a Winslow.
Due to the design & engraving. But, I am not sure if some one ,just purchased the stock. Bedded with floating barrel. or if Winslow did the complete job.
Would any one know?? There s no marking anywhere on the stock. Or any Winslow Arms Markings on the action or bbl.. I know that Winslow Arm operated some where from 65-89 or 96 . With three stock designs, and eight grades. Inlays, Ivory, and Carvings. Were there options. If anyone, has ever seen a Winslow stock. You would never forget it. Very stylish, for the time.
Thank you

Attachments

·
Old man, No tact...
12,344 Posts
Paul, welcome to G&G. You may upload a pic using the "upload a file" button in the lower right of the post box. For the moment, I'm going to move your thread to the 1903 forum.

I cannot answer your question, but while you're waiting for a response, please consider visiting our introductions forum, and telling us a bit about yourself.

Introductions Forum

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Many WWII military rifles were bought at bargain costs after the war and became popular for hunting. I'm guessing that most gun collectors would have kept the old rifles in original condition...but then again many hunters wanted to sporterize them for various reasons. I'd enjoy seeing a picture of your old Smith Corina 03-A3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts