close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Inglis MK 1*

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Jesse, May 5, 2002.

1. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

I just picked up an Inglis MK 1* Hi-power. It has an FTR/63 on the frame and is covered in black paint. Overall the pistol is around 80-85%, with a fine lockup and a very good barrel. I'm going to get a reliability package done over the next few months. I'll keep you posted.

Jesse

2. I also have an Inglis Mk. I* - 4T14XX - a great combination of shootability and history.

Read Clive Law's "The Inglis Diamond" if you want to be told EVERYTHING about this fine wartime pistol.

What's your pistol's serial number ?

3. Jesse

I actually own two. The S# of the one I just got is: 5T2xx. The first one I got was HAMMERED! It was in need of restoration to shoot. Kurt Wickmann is rebuilding it for me, complete with new slide and barrel.

Jesse

4. Sarge

Sarge G&G Enthusiast

MkI* slide/bbl

what are you going to do with the old slide & barrel? I would be interested in them to make a blank pistol.
    Sarge

5. Jesse

www.kwgw.com

Contact Kurt, he is taking the slide and barrel in exchange for his labor. He will work a deal with you.

Jesse

6. Sarge

Sarge G&G Enthusiast

Inglis parts

How do I get hold of "Kurt"?
    Sarge

7. Jesse

8. Sarge

Sarge G&G Enthusiast

MkI* parts

Jesse
    I emailed Kurt 3 or 4 days ago, but no answer yet.
    Sarge

9. Jesse

Kurt was out of town from Friday through this weekend. He is back now... sometimes it takes a while for him to answer e-mail. If you are able to... I suggest calling him at the phone# listed on his website. Kurt's a great guy and one of the best gunsmiths I know.

Jesse

10. Gyrene

Gyrene G&G Newbie

CA
    Jesse - I'm kinda new to the Browning HP, and I see references to Mark 1, Mark 2, and Mark 3. What do I look for?

I already have a Belgian manufactured one.