Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I saw a sweet looking Persian Mauser Model 98/29 at my local gun shop. He has it at like $389. However, I was looking around at Samco and am curious about the ones they have that are in "very good condition" for $209. The only thing is that it says no bluing. What is that all about? Does that mean they came like that, or that the blue is all worn off. The only reason I ask is that the other Persians they have available are the excellent rated ones, but they are $499.
Also, I am kinda debating between this one and a Finn m39. Which should I buy first?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
A, the first C&R Rifle I purchased was the unissued Persian from , oh, forgot, either Ferderal Arms or Samco. $495 six years ago. It shoots 1-2 MOA with the steel cased Romanian 8mm even at 300 yards.
Just ordered some Yugo "sniper" ammo. Will run several rounds through it.
The limited feedback from Persians has been "allgood".
I'm more of a Mauser guy than a mosinman. Check the thread, "how many mausers do you have?" Don't have any K-98s. Prices went up by the time I thought about em.

Have seen a Finn 39 do very well at 300 yards at our range. I had a Finnish 39, barrel looked more like a sewer pipe. Got rid of it.
If you want accuracey, go with the Swiss K-31. A good on will get you a score of 100-7X on rapid fire from 200 yards.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Way ahead of ya there. I have a really pretty K31 that someone refinished pretty nicely. I mostly like original as much as possible, but since the K31s weren't really ever in combat, I figured it wouldn't matter. Plus it was just too pretty to pass up.
http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=14&pictureid=76

As for the Persian/Finn discussion, I am just expanding my horizons and trying to decide what to get first. I will eventually have both anyway, I am sure. Also tossed the idea about saving up for one of the Swede M41Bs from Samco...
Welcome to Samco Global Arms, Inc. Buuuut that is a CHUNK OF CHANGE!!
Will be buying a Carbine and Garand first anyway.

P.s. I checked out the "how many mausers do you have?" page and thats a good list you have going there. I replied to your post on Iron Colonel's thread, with a link for you a place to pick up a nice K98 :)
http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/mausers/49738-new-mauser-k98.html

·
Registered
561 Posts
Persian Mauser

Okay, so I saw a sweet looking Persian Mauser Model 98/29 at my local gun shop. He has it at like $389. However, I was looking around at Samco and am curious about the ones they have that are in "very good condition" for $209. The only thing is that it says no bluing. What is that all about? Does that mean they came like that, or that the blue is all worn off. The only reason I ask is that the other Persians they have available are the excellent rated ones, but they are $499.
Also, I am kinda debating between this one and a Finn m39. Which should I buy first?

The one you are looking at is really nice. Randy said it was sold but yesterday it was back on display. I almost bought it myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts