close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Interesting Enfields at AIM Surplus.

Discussion in 'Enfield Rifles' started by shop tom, Jan 25, 2014.

1. shop tom

shop tom G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I think these are neat and attractively priced.

Enfield British No1 Mk3 Wire Wrapped .303 Brit Rifle

tom

OOPS, I didn't see that they are sold out.

Now that pisses me off. EVERY TIME I get an email from them touting something like this, the item(s) is(are) SOLD OUT.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  2. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Noticed that too. As soon as I opened the email and clicked on them they were already sold out...

3. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

ya gotta be quicker then that!:crazy:

4. Only problem I see with the ''grenade wrap'' is that you cant take the gun apart to clean...so there's who-knows how many years of junk and rust under the stock.

They do LOOK neat though.

danggit I need an Enfield...but never see any local, or the few I do see are beat to hell and overpriced by three times.

Saw a nice Eddystone at gunshow, but had been sporterized. Also had a Enfield .22 trainer they had marked 900$

5. I have never taken mine apart to that level.

6. I take my Mosins out of the stock every time I clean them...

Even my modern hunting rifles get crap and water under the stock...

Hate to see what it would looks like after 50 years of that lol

7. mack

mack G&G Newbie

I saw they had Jungle Carbines at very attractive prices as well, but, alas, also sold out. Guess I will watch a bit closer and see if I can snag a couple the next time these become available. You're right, wire wraps are tough to work on.

8. mdj696

mdj696 G&G Evangelist

I got an Ishy wire wrap and wire was coming off rifle. Went to hardware store and bought a spool of copper wire, rewrapped it and soldered the ends, looks great. Found a grenade cup at gun show to go with it. Made blank 303 round, stuffed tennis ball in it and fired. Ball went about 100' in the air and flopped down with hole threw tennis ball.

9. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I bought my Ishy Wire-wrap years ago. It was grungy and beat up, and I was going to use it for a project. Made the mistake of shooting it. Even with the obviously ovalled crown it shot well. So I removed the wire and the "Ishapore Screw". Once cleaned and refinished it looks and shoots good. So now I have two good 1915-dated "Smellies". ;-)

10. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Whoever decided to resurrect this nearly gave me a heart attack. I clicked the link before I ever even checked how old this thing was

11. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Old Western Scrounger has jungle carbines in stock.

12. I would advise a new owner to take the old rifles apart.
    The last Enfield I bought was 72 years old and sadly neglected.
    I removed all the wood, removed the front sight and then unpinned the rear sight
    and had a lot of trouble slipping it off the barrel as rust had pitted the underside
    of the barrel. Once it was cleaned up it was good to go but to leave it as it was
    before it would have got worse. The rust could not be seen!