Interesting find today

Discussion in 'Savage' started by Para Cassatt, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Para Cassatt

Para Cassatt G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I found a couple old rimfires today that were new to me. The first I can't remember if it was a Savage or a Stevens but was a little boys' gun. It was a single shot with a tiny breech block that fell to load and then hammer struck to fire.It was stocked like a bolt action and only 24"- 28" long. The firing pin is broken but I'll get the name tomorrow( didn't think to look for in the Blue Book). The second was a Stevens 15 A that I couldn't find in the Blue Book. It's a neat small rifle but not a little boys' gun I don't think and is also a single shot but a bolt action with a pull cocking peice. I'll be test firing this little beauty tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  2. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Interesting, post some pictures and let us know what you learn about them. One of my brother in-laws stumbled onto a pair of single shot 22s that he is fixing up for two of his grandsons. I need to go visit him and check them out.

A 22 single shot is still an excellent tool for learning the art of the gun, and are enjoyable at any age.

3. Para Cassatt

I'll try to remember to bring them home to photograph but loading them is painfully slow. So far I only got a couple into the gallery and they weren't the best. I took some pics of some pieces of Winslow Arms' ivory on my phone only to find out that I didn't have the converter cartridge for the computer.However I am curious to find out more about the little rifles.

4. Para Cassatt

No pics yet but the tiny one is a Stevens Junior. I didn't bring the pair home today due to a Rem. 550 cleaning needing to be shot.

5. Para Cassatt

Finally got around to taking some pics today. Check out how much they got the bore off center.

These things are taking forever to load.

Attached Files:

6. Para Cassatt

Here it is compared to the new TC Hotshot.

Attached Files: