Interesting picture thread

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by grizcty, Sep 17, 2018.

1. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Looks like a burl with moss on it to me.
    If not, please explain.
    Thanks Griz

2. grizcty

Prehistoric Cave Bear melts out of the ice in Siberia.

[​IMG]

The body of an Ice Age cave bear has been discovered in exceptional condition on Bolshoy Lyakhovsky Island in Siberia.

Bolshoy Lyakhovsky Island, or Great Lyakhovsky, is the largest of the Lyakhovsky Islands belonging to the New Siberian Islands archipelago between the Laptev Sea and the East Siberian Sea in northern Russia.

[​IMG]

It was discovered by reindeer herders in the melting permafrost. They were just in time, because the exposed carcass would have decomposed rapidly after losing its frozen home. Instead, it is impeccably preserved, complete with all of its internal organs, soft tissues, fur, gums, teeth, even its nose. A frozen cub has been found before, and skeletal remains of adults, but this is the first intact adult cave bear ever discovered.

The remains have been recovered and will be studied by by scientists at the North-Eastern Federal University (NEFU) in Yakutsk, which is home to the Mammoth Museum Laboratory, the world’s premier institution dedicated to the study of mammoth and other Ice Age fauna.

Preliminary "smart science guy" guesses put the age of this Yogi at between 22k and 39.5k years old. Cave bears became extinct about 15k years ago.

[​IMG]

3. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Incredible find!

Maybe they can clone them and set them free live the feral hogs.

Just a thought.

Ron The Legend, rando and neophyte like this.
  4. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan G&G Evangelist

Indiana
    Well it's got my walking stick there next to it also. I just thought it was pretty cool when I ran across it.

grizcty, neophyte and Jaison like this.
  5. grizcty

3500 years ago

[​IMG]

A view of the obelisk of Hatshepsut (the tallest surviving ancient obelisk on Earth) through an archway, Karnak Temple Complex.
    [​IMG]

Queen Hatshepsut is the most famous female ruler of ancient Egypt. This head, which is one of the masterpieces of 18th Dynasty sculpture, is part of a statue that once represented the queen in the shape of the god Osiris.

New Kingdom, mid 18th Dynasty, reign of Hatshepsut, ca. 1479-1458 BC

[​IMG]

The Sanctuary of Amun in the Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut, Deir el-Bahri, West Thebes.

goat roper, Huey Rider, Merle and 5 others like this.
  6. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Looks like the Washington Monument!

FortyXDM and grizcty like this.
  7. grizcty

Australians catch massive cattle eating saltie.
    I guess dinosaurs are not extinct.

An Australian crocodile wrangler has captured and relocated a five-metre croc that was preying on a farmer's cattle.

Matt Wright, host of the National Geographic show 'Outback Wrangler,' posed for a grinning photo next to the restrained crocodile.

He said the crocodile, affectionately dubbed Rex by his fans, was 5.1metres long despite missing a huge chunk of its tail.

[​IMG]

8. grizcty

Yep,
    But this is much bigger.

From Wiki

The Washington Monument is an obelisk on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., built to commemorate George Washington, once commander-in-chief of the Continental Army (1775–1784) in the American Revolutionary War and the first President of the United States (1789–1797). Located almost due east of the Reflecting Pool and the Lincoln Memorial,[2] the monument, made of marble, granite, and bluestone gneiss,[3] is both the world's tallest predominantly stone structure and the world's tallest obelisk,[A] standing 554 feet 7 11/32 inches (169.046 m) tall according to the U.S. National Geodetic Survey (measured 2013–14) or 555 feet 5 1/8 inches (169.294 m) tall according to the National Park Service (measured 1884). It is the tallest monumental column in the world if all are measured above their pedestrian entrances.[A] Overtaking the Cologne Cathedral, it was the tallest structure in the world between 1884 and 1889, after which it was overtaken by the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

Huey Rider, Jaison and neophyte like this.
  9. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Man, you could make a lot of cowboy boots out of that hide!!LOL!!

10. grizcty

Redneck engineering, Asian style.

[​IMG]

11. grizcty

Remained friends throughout the years that have gone by.

[​IMG]

12. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Really not a bad idea.

Ron The Legend and neophyte like this.
  13. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

I've seen homemade canoes that were made from jet fuel tanks. they re VERY TIPPY! o.k. to make an outrigger with though.

Ron The Legend, Merle and neophyte like this.
  14. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

what fun these could be :)

upload_2020-9-24_22-7-43.jpeg

upload_2020-9-24_22-8-7.jpeg

upload_2020-9-24_22-8-32.jpeg

15. grizcty

I would hate to have to feed him and change the litter box.

[​IMG]

Before someone calls B.S. on this.

Records

Hercules, the largest non-obese liger, is recognised by the Guinness Book of World Records as the largest living cat on Earth, weighing 418.2 kg (922 lb).[15][16] Hercules was featured on the Today Show, Good Morning America, Anderson Cooper 360, Inside Edition, and in a Maxim article in 2005, when he was only three years old and already weighed 408.25 kg (900 lb).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liger

16. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Ron The Legend, neophyte and blaster like this.
  17. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ G&G Evangelist

I have a buzzbox timing light for setting those, even can do Duplex units. :D

neophyte likes this.
  18. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan G&G Evangelist

Indiana
    Crocks pack.jpg

I kicked a few pieces of these around for a few years when I'd walk past them hunting. Finally one spring after turkey season was over I decided I'd see how many pieces of IT I could find, bring it home and glue it back together.

Turned out there was FOUR of them under the leaves and took me over a year to find them all, carry the pieces home and get them pretty much all put back together.

a 40 gal crock 10.jpg

455rocket, rando, goat roper and 6 others like this.
  19. grizcty

Blacksmiths making metal sing.

[​IMG]