Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed at my gun shop they had a intratec .22 pistol for $240 and i was curious if any of you have had experience with those. they look fairly well built, and im thinking about buying one if i can talk him down in price. looks like they have a standard 10/22 clip so that would be a plus. thinking about getting a .22 speed loader and possibly that pistol, any thoughts?

forgot to mention, it looks like http://www.smguns.com/4Sale/Firearms/Non-NFA/pistols/INTRATEC_TEC-22/INTRATEC_TEC-22.jpg

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i already have a 10/22, 2 6 shot revolvers, a few pepperbox pistols, and a few others... i was just looking at it as a pistol that would have cheap ammo, be fun to use, and possibly be worth something in a few years since intratec is out of business.

and 22 auto? lol care to point me to a legal .22 auto? :uzi:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
he has two... teton river gun shop pierre south dakota... its just about the center of town. if you want more directions feel free to private message me... he has one for 230 or the other for 240.. im pondering about buying the 240 one but my dad doesnt think its a good idea... says there is too much of a chance that if assault weapons bans go back into effect they could make us turn guns like that in... for no reimbursement

·
Registered
781 Posts
Problem with directions is that you can't buy "pistols" outside your home state anywhere that I know.

I'll turn em in when I'm dead.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
have the shop owner tie a string around the barrel to another 22 barrel and consider it a rifle, then take it off at home :p and i knew you meant semi auto, i just had to razz ya... im sure those can be easily made into full auto, but untill the day comes that it magically turns legal... *sigh* and by ebay rules, which go by existing laws, could you not have him take it apart into a few pieces and sell only the pieces, to be assembled by the owner? its legal to buy all of the pieces of one off of ebay and that abides by the law :)

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,322 Posts
I have a chance to buy an unfired one from a guy who bought it new...he wants $200

I've asked around the forums and 95% say leave it alone...jam-o-matics...

The guy also has a Beretta 21A...SAME PRICE...$200
I'm gonna get that instead...

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
from yesterday's research it does sound like they jam a lot, but from the places ive read its not a terribly hard thing to fix... parts werent made to the perfect size and there are books that tell how to fix it all... but i suppose its not worth putting that much money into something like that.

any other ideas for a gun under $300 that is fun, fairly cheap to shoot, and you think would have a decent chance of being worth a bit more in the future? (yes, i know thats A. hard to predict, and B. most guns become worth more over time) my dad told me about one but.... his idea is $2000... he didnt hear me on the under $300 part :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Has anybody ever tried the tec-9's? Are they just as bad?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Again, from what I've heard about these guns, you get what you pay for. They are quite inaccurate and prone to problems.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts