Gun and Game Forum banner

Intresting Nagant

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  jason1965 
#1 · (Edited)
Intresting Mosin Nagant

Check this one out.
Remington Mosin Nagant 91/30 RARE SA Fin Capture : Curios and Relics at GunBroker.com
The add says Mosin Nagant M91/30 but I believe it is a Fin M91. You can clearly see the Finnish two piece rounded finger joint wartime stock in the one picture. It is obviously Finn captured as you can clearly see the SA stamp on the left side. I tried to see in the pictures if I could see the "D" stamp on the reciever for the Finn ammo but I could not see one. I thought it was a pretty cool combination of an original Remington M91 captured by the Finns. To me that make it cool for both reasons. What do you guys think?
Michael

#2 ·
Check this one out.
Remington Mosin Nagant 91/30 RARE SA Fin Capture : Curios and Relics at GunBroker.com

The add says Mosin Nagant M91/30 but I believe it is a Fin M91. You can clearly see the Finnish two piece rounded finger joint wartime stock in the one picture. It is obviously Finn captured as you can clearly see the SA stamp on the left side. I tried to see in the pictures if I could see the "D" stamp on the reciever for the Finn ammo but I could not see one. I thought it was a pretty cool combination of an original Remington M91 captured by the Finns. To me that make it cool for both reasons. What do you guys think?

Michael
Yep, its been to Finland. Cool? Yep. $450 worth of cool? Maybe to someone.

#3 ·
Yeah if it was around 3 beans I would have already bought it and posted pictures when I received it. I always keep an eye on rifles like these to see if mabye the seller might lower it a bit if he actually wants to sell it. This one has been relisted a couple of times with no bids.

Michael

#4 ·
If they knew how to read, they could have read the import stamp they took a nice picture of. 1917 is the year Remington produced the most M91s, so it's not all that "rare". But, someone wants it for $450 right now, so it looks like it's gonna sell. Nice looking rifle though.

#5 ·
It is a very nice rifle, as stated above it is an M91 Remmie, Finn capture. Nice shape, later stock. As I-C said, rarity of 5. I would love to own it! But unfortunately his price is a little too high.

#15 ·
^^^

The 1st post has a title or subject line that says 'intresting nagant' Michael.

That has incited gandog56 to wrath.
Ha I did not even notice! Dam wireless keyboard! Every once in a while a couple of letter or a word don't make it to the tower.
Someone has to wind ganny up in the morning anyway! Might as well be me. Of to fix the title now.

Michael

#18 ·
I had to look for the slip up about calling it a Nagant,and found that it was on the gun shops picture.It was above the picture and it said "Remington Nagant"
Those fools!!!We ought to send gandog down there to and straighten them out!:yup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.