1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
Ruger, IMHO is always looking at trends...this is good. This proven pistol will now be available in .22LR, a great caliber in a great little pistol. I see Ruger hitting it out of the park with this....
Here is a link to Ammoland.com https://www.ammoland.com/2019/12/ruger-introduces-lite-rack-lcp-ii-chambered-in-22-lr/#axzz69cGsPPLS
I hope it works better than that POS, SIG Mosquito did.

Interesting that Glock also came out with a .22LR pistol, based on THEIR 9MM pistol frame, as well.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I can see lots of possibilities for that little pistol. a trainer for new shooters, a carry piece for someone with poor hand strength, (a .22 is better than nothing.) a "back up" carry while hunting or carrying a magnum handgun, tackle box gun, etc....

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
I used to have a a Ruger LCP chanbered in .380 and it never was overly reliable. I just purchased a new Taurus TX22 that is a totally new pistol designed from the ground up to be a .22 LR. I don't have many rounds through it yet, but those who have claim it is as reliable as any center fire semi auto pistol. Plus it holds 16 + 1 in the chamber and is threaded for a suppressor. Guns and Ammo magazine tested it and it wound up being their handgun of the year for 2019. Depending on where you shop it is on the street for $250 - $300. It also happens to be in a regular full size frame which makes it ideal for training into a full size 9mm etc. It is a true striker fire system and has a trigger pull of about 5lbs.

taurus TX22.jpg

·
Registered
6,554 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game
I wonder how this will run with CCI Stingers or the Ag. Super Subsonic?
I miss my 21A as a "Ear Nose and Throat" back up to a back up pistol.
This might be a fair replacement but the slide on this maybe could be pushed out of battery. The 21A also was re-strike capable. And if you want to gripe about the trigger "Bubba" it had the option of cocked and locked SA carry.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,725 Posts
People are going to be pretty upset when .22 dries up again someday and brings another double in price after the fallout and scalping.

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game

·
Premium Member
10,187 Posts
Not being contrary, just curious-

What purpose does this model have? Is there a market for micro .22lr pistols?

Personally, I’d like at least one of every firearm out there just because, but is there a niche this particular piece will fill?

Maybe a pocket gun to dispatch small varmints?

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
this looks, neat, if its priced right it will sell. It would make a good little carry gun for someone who cant handle or doesnt want anything larger. I bet its super light so it wouldnt hardly feel like you were carrying.

Now for a trainer, its hard to beat the S&W mp22/mp22C .22lr pistols. I have the mp22c which is already quite compact, not sure i'd want a gun much smaller for plinking.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I wonder how many FPS a .22 l.r. bullet is going from that short of a barrel? and how many ft. lbs of energy it has? not much I'm sure.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
something about the small size and weight of this new lcp II .22lr is really appealing to me. I know its just a .22lr, but any gun is better than no gun, and this one here might go places a larger, less concealable one might not.

that said since I just bought( well within the last year) a S&W M&P22 Compact, i cant really justify another new compact .22lr.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts