Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My location is in Smyrna, TN. My wife and I have been married 54+ years, have three children, four grandchildren, and three great-grandchildren. I have survived a little over 80 years on this earth. Proud to say, I am a veteran, retired minister, and public school teacher. I am so happy to have located this forum. Allow me to end my intro with an appeal for help. My grandfather gave me a Marlin Model 80 .22 S. L, LR, that has no markings on it except for the following, on the barrel: line one: Marlin Firearms Co. Model 80, line two: New Haven Conn. U. S. A. 22 S-L-LR. There is no serial number or any patent dates. I took the butt plate off and there is nothing underneath it. Can someone tell me anything about this rifle? Also, I do not have a magazine/clip for it. Can you tell me where I might find a magazine for it?

·
Old man, No tact...
12,364 Posts
Sarge, welcome to G&G. Glad to have you aboard, and thank you for your service. 🇺🇸

·
God, Guns, Glory
34,696 Posts
Welcome to G&G from Alaska.
Thank you for your service.

Reactions: TXplt and ChaZam

·
Registered
15,375 Posts
My location is in Smyrna, TN. My wife and I have been married 54+ years, have three children, four grandchildren, and three great-grandchildren. I have survived a little over 80 years on this earth. Proud to say, I am a veteran, retired minister, and public school teacher. I am so happy to have located this forum. Allow me to end my intro with an appeal for help. My grandfather gave me a Marlin Model 80 .22 S. L, LR, that has no markings on it except for the following, on the barrel: line one: Marlin Firearms Co. Model 80, line two: New Haven Conn. U. S. A. 22 S-L-LR. There is no serial number or any patent dates. I took the butt plate off and there is nothing underneath it. Can someone tell me anything about this rifle? Also, I do not have a magazine/clip for it. Can you tell me where I might find a magazine for it?
Welcome to the site Sarge. Thank you for your service. Military and Devotional. Most sites I found the mag. you're seeking show discontinued or sold out. I did find one just posted on ebay for a decent price. 6 days to go on the auction but no bids yet. You might watch this one and see if it gets bids. There are others available but the prices are out of sight. Good luck and again, thank you and welcome! marlin model. 80 magazine | eBay
Here's the link to the specific mag. I mentioned. There's one bid now, but still worth watching if you're needing it: Used MARLIN 7 rd FACTORY MAGAZINE .22 LR MODELS 80 780 20 25 +Old Models | eBay

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Reactions: ChaZam

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Welcome from Virginia, temporarily Georgia

·
Premium Member
3,560 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. Would help you out but I only have 2'for mine.

Marlin used those for several models. They were quite avalible before things got upside down of late.
Paid $12 for my spare from Midway 2 years ago. It was a new manufacture. I really do not believe they became "rare" in the course of a year, or two, after being manufactured for several decades.
So If I were you, I would not go paying $100 for one. I think if you just wait a bit, keep your eyes open, you will find one at a decent price eventually.
Hope you find one. The 80 is a fun, fairly accurate gun.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle, and thank you for your service.

Reactions: TXplt and ChaZam

·
Premium Member
24,523 Posts
Welcome to Gun & Game. Thank you also for your military service, your ministry, and your teaching career.
We also have a sub-forum specifically for the Marlin branded firearms. If you posted there about your Marlin
perhaps more of our Marlin Gurus here on G&G would see your post. Below is a link for the Marlin forum.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,583 Posts
Thank you for your service, sir and welcome to the site ! Hope you enjoy it here lotsa great folks around !

Reactions: ChaZam

·
Less well known member
5,100 Posts
Welcome to G&G from Alaska Sarge.

Reactions: TXplt
1 - 17 of 17 Posts