close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Invasion of Iraq:

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by hooker, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Last night on NBC, the reporter at the Pentagon was talking about an invasion of Iraq. he said that he was told that there would have to be 250,000 ground troops, and that they would have to march all the way to Bagdad. He also said that it might happen by the end of this year. If any of you out there think that it is not some serious times coming, go to some of the web sites of the military and read. How many of you know that in the past 2 months that Baharain declared its independence from Saudia Arabia? To those that don't know, Baharain is a island off the coast of Saudi Arabia. It is also close to the major oil pipeline coming into the Arabian Gulf. How many of you know that at the time this happened that a Major General of the U.S.M.C. moved his headquaters to Baharain? Also some elements of the U.S.M.C. have been practicing maneuvers with the island nation of Quatter in the Arabian Gulf. These are things that the major networks have not had on their daily news. Just this past weekend the president had the British prime minister down to his ranch to attend a CIA briefing. We had better get ready, because its going to hit the fan pretty soon! Saddam Hussien has probably got, or close to getting nuclear weapons. If he does he will have no hesitation about firing them on Scud misslies to Israel. It does not take a genius to figure these things out. Put all this information together, and read the Bible. It all ties together. The main thing to be ready for is the Lord's return to Earth. ARE YOU READY?

2. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Bahrain has been an independent country for 30 years, not part of Saudi Arabia as you implied. I am not sure what you saw.

3. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

BRING IT ON!!!:cool: i'm about as ready as i'll ever be!!!i'm going to get a 55 gal drum of smoky barbacue sauce, and a large brush so me and the family will be prepared for a major nuclear event!!!:rolleyes:

4. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone in this country or abroad in the free world who isn't aware of what's going on. That region has been in conflict for how many years now? The possibility that the situation could escalate to a global threat has been very close nearly all my life. While it is perhaps important to remain aware of the situation, I have too many more immediate concerns to live my life in fear of what may happen. If we invade, then it won't be the first time. Is the threat of the use of nuclear or biological weapons imminent? Perhaps, but only slightly more than it was during Desert Storm, when everyone thought he might have access to them then, too.

Whether or not your're Christian, it isn't healthy (spriritually or physically) to live your life in fear. You do what you can to prepare yourself, and if necessary, you pray. I think fear of impending doom is a poor reason to consider becoming pious. It certainly is not conducive to living a life of love and freedom, which is what I believe we are here for.

I have taken what steps I feel are appropriate and within reason to prepare for any short term minor situations that may arise. I expect the government to take care of the bigger problems, because they have the budget and the means to deal with it much better than I ever will, and I give them a lot of my money to maintain that level of preparedness. I won't have to worry about starving or dehydrating any time soon, unless our government gets overthrown, in which case it's a hopeless situation anyways.
    Anything powerful enough to overcome our Armed Forces is more than I could deal with.

I turned to Christ a long time ago (about the time I could figure out right from wrong) out of fear for the welfare of my soul, as well as because the philosphy seemed appropriate at the time. I strive to live the life he taught, and although I don't always follow his directions, I feel confident that He will back me when the time comes. The idea of dying isn't particularly pleasing to me, but I do look forward to what I think will happen next. There's lots of ways to die, and none of them are real pleasant. But it's inevitable, and so there's no point dwelling on the issue, whatever the form. Regardless of what you believe, if you're not living the life you feel you ought to considering your circumstances, especially because of something that may or may not happen soon, then you are squandering time and opportunity. If you are a Christian, then you're being a poor steward of God's gift to you, and you're misleading others if you start jumping to conclusions. We were warned against doing that.

I, too am concerned with what's happening in the world. I don't like the news I'm hearing, and I will discuss it with my friends, mostly to make sure that we're hearing the same thing, but also to air our frustrations. I would feel the fool telling people that because of what's going on we're suddenly facing the end times. I'd rather ask them to pray about what's going on. I think that's more appropriate.

The problem with people going around preaching doom is that the only one that's right is the last one, and it will do no good for him to say "I told you so" after the fact. The rest of them just look foolish.

5. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

Couldn't be more to the piont BenP!!!

Cheers!

6. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Bahrain has been involved in many joint ventures with the Saudis. If they broke off relations, then that could only be to give the Saudis plausable deniability if Bahrain is used to launch a MAJOR offensive. They would not need to do this untill after the staging of military supplies is done. That would mean the military action would probably take place in about a week. The logical target would be Iraq, with possible targets in Iran, Syria, Jordan, and Pakistan. I do not see any major battles taking place in Meggido, though.

7. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

Make Mogadishu our next target after Iraq!!

They have some payback coming, I know we got more of them that they got us, but cleaning that hole up would be a good first, or second step!

Rangers don't leave Rangers behind!!!!!

8. I still say take the whole place over. Put their good looking women ( if they got any) in our brothels. Make the ugly ones cook and clean and kill all the rest. (thats all of them) Jews, Arabs and whatever else calls itself a resident of the area. This area has been a pain in the worlds buttocks for THOUSANDS of years. Even God doesn't like them. He tried to drown them once and then he burned them up. So if he don't like them, I don't like them either.

9. BenP, and all the others who have read this. No I'm not trying to preach doomsday sermons. I am not a preacher, but I am a Christian. To those of you who make lite of these things, well I guess you have your reasons. The main thing it all boils down to in the end whenever that happens is ARE YOU READY TO MEET THE ALMIGHTY GOD? All things on this earth are trivial matters compared to that one question. The life that comes after this life is an eternal life. There are only two ways to go, and it is entirely our decision. I pray that no one makes the wrong one. Yes I pray for our leaders to make decisions based on their relationship with God. Because that is the only thing that is important. One of our mottos that this country is based on is IN GOD WE TRUST. And if we do, then everything will work out Ok in the end. Things are going to happen the way HE wants. No I do not live in fear of but one thing, and that is GOD. Man is so small, and the things we do might look great to some, but is nothing compared to what the ALMIGHTY can do, and has done, and will do. I know, that some of you think that what you have down here is important. Like your guns, and your women, and your beer, and your money, and stuff like that. It used to be important to me also. But none of that matters in the long run. How many people have you seen pass on and take any of that with them? The things that really are important here is the family that God has given you, and the love you've shown your fellow man, and being responsible to what the Lord has blessed you with. This life is just a trail run. It's not how fast you run the race, it's having your sights set on the finish line, and making the run, and getting the prize that awaits you in the end. God bless all of you.

10. Hooker, I think we all appreciate your sincerity and convictions....at least I know I do.

And Ben....^5!!!!!!

11. Jeffro

Jeffro G&G Newbie

Regarding the post of Roy Collins, I am not entirely sure that this is the attitude the moderators want to project to the anti-gun folks. Roy has obviously developed a wonderfully cereberal grasp of the world situation, and an equally cereberal solution.
    Obviously also, quite a student of Biblical Study............
    Jeffro (Jeff)

12. buttons

buttons G&G Newbie

Christians argue more than anyone I have ever met. Revelations this and Revelations that. Live your life, take care of those who you love and pray. That is ALL one can do to deal with this world and the mess that has been made of it. Move on.

13. Jeffro

Jeffro G&G Newbie

ALLRIGHT, BUTTONS!!!!!!!!!! A man who thinks like I do. Pray, do good, and do the best you can.......... I'm with you, Buddy!!!!!!
    Jeffro (Jeff) :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

14. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

You will neither know the day nor the hour. What we know is what will happen in the end, whenever it comes. And the Bible says that when you see all kinds of stuff happen, those things are only birthing pains... the end is yet to come.

Concerning Roy's post... I think it's incorrect and out of place.

15. Well if I offended anyone I am sorry. Some of it was just blowing off steam with some dark humor but some of it was also true. My main cure for mideast peace if I were president would be to Let anyone in the world ANYONE visit there but No one would be allowed to live there. If that place is that holy, everyone should be entitled to see, visit, make a pilgimage or study there. But absolutely no one should be allowed to "claim" it. Nobody is above anyone else in the Lord's eyes and nobody should think themselves high and mighty enough to actually claim or believe that they have a right to reside on the Lord's holy ground.

16. Jeffro

Jeffro G&G Newbie

Roy,
    Apology accepted......... it is now behind us. Unfortunately, sometimes I (like most others) miss the humor and jump the gun, and for THAT I apologize also. I'm sorry for the caustic response.
    Sometimes I get like the two little guys at the bottom of my post!!! Best to ya' and Happy Trails, Jeffro (Jeff)

:fuss:

17. Interesting thoughts. I think I'll stay out of this one.