Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Hostile" Iran Sparks U.S. Attack Plan...

(CBS) A second American aircraft carrier steamed into the Persian Gulf on Tuesday as the Pentagon ordered military commanders to develop new options for attacking Iran. CBS News national security correspondent David Martin reports that the planning is being driven by what one officer called the "increasingly hostile role" Iran is playing in Iraq - smuggling weapons into Iraq for use against American troops.

"Hostile" Iran Sparks U.S. Attack Plan, Pentagon Wary Of Tehran's Expanding Nuclear Program And Support Of Iraqi Insurgents - CBS News

·
Premium Member
14,869 Posts
"Hostile" Iran Sparks U.S. Attack Plan...

(CBS) A second American aircraft carrier steamed into the Persian Gulf on Tuesday as the Pentagon ordered military commanders to develop new options for attacking Iran. CBS News national security correspondent David Martin reports that the planning is being driven by what one officer called the "increasingly hostile role" Iran is playing in Iraq - smuggling weapons into Iraq for use against American troops.

"Hostile" Iran Sparks U.S. Attack Plan, Pentagon Wary Of Tehran's Expanding Nuclear Program And Support Of Iraqi Insurgents - CBS News
This may be the only way to bring the Iraq War to an end. I've heard about Iran's meddling too much and from too many sources to discount it as another "Bush Thing"! It's time to break it off in them!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
The sad thing is, there is no way in hell the "American people" (AKA-CNN) will get behind an attack on Iran, no matter how necessary it may be. I have no doubt with our air power we could effectively neutralize Iran in less than a week, a ground war would probably be unnecessary unless we want to change the regime. I feel just beating the piss out of them and leaving their beaten, demoralized leadership in tact is the best way, takes the fight right out of them to see their leaders beaten to such a pulp they no longer wish to resist.

·
Premium Member
14,869 Posts
The sad thing is, there is no way in hell the "American people" (AKA-CNN) will get behind an attack on Iran, no matter how necessary it may be. I have no doubt with our air power we could effectively neutralize Iran in less than a week, a ground war would probably be unnecessary unless we want to change the regime. I feel just beating the piss out of them and leaving their beaten, demoralized leadership in tact is the best way, takes the fight right out of them to see their leaders beaten to such a pulp they no longer wish to resist.
A week? Try a day! The Navy alone, has enough fire power to neutralize any threat they posess. We have three carrier groups over there. They have one refinery. Take it out and those folks are walking everywhere, looking for Mahmoud Ahmadnejad, so they can kill him!:09:

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
I agree, we need to let Iran know we're not afraid of them and I think the only way for them to get that point that we're serious and mean business about them putting a stop to contributing to the Iraq war/problems, we need to show them by force. Because the civil,political, or democratic way isn't working.

My only main concern in or with doing this/that, is that other what country or countries will join in on their side, fearing or feeling that America is only attacking Iran and or only attacked Iraq to begin with, because of oil (which to my knowledge we haven't taken or gotten a drop of) and the fact they are Muslims and America or Americans are only wanting or trying to spread Christianity.

If any other country does jump in, I'm sure Syria would be among the first.

Maybe it's time for the beginning of the end? Maybe it, this is inevitable?

And to disarm America and or Americans now, would be suicide...Because you know there are many sleeper cells in this country. And if our military will be busy over there, we'll/they'll need help here. Especially if Iran had intercontinental missile capabilities or if Cuba, or was/is it Venezuela? decides to help out their new found ally?

Which was it that Iran President made nice nice with a short while back here? It was Cuba wasn't it?

I think this thing with Iran is going to happen, just a matter of when and who else will be involved?

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
I agree. We need to destroy all of the Iranian weapons factories and their nuclear facilities. a ground war would be useless. just a few weeks of bombings will stop them and this war will be over that much faster because of a non existent opposing force.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Can we just flatten them and build a wal-mart and McDonald's there? Is that a bit too much to do?

·
Premium Member
14,869 Posts
I agree, we need to let Iran know we're not afraid of them and I think the only way for them to get that point that we're serious and mean business about them putting a stop to contributing to the Iraq war/problems, we need to show them by force. Because the civil,political, or democratic way isn't working.

My only main concern in or with doing this/that, is that other what country or countries will join in on their side, fearing or feeling that America is only attacking Iran and or only attacked Iraq to begin with, because of oil (which to my knowledge we haven't taken or gotten a drop of) and the fact they are Muslims and America or Americans are only wanting or trying to spread Christianity.

If any other country does jump in, I'm sure Syria would be among the first.

Maybe it's time for the beginning of the end? Maybe it, this is inevitable?

And to disarm America and or Americans now, would be suicide...Because you know there are many sleeper cells in this country. And if our military will be busy over there, we'll/they'll need help here. Especially if Iran had intercontinental missile capabilities or if Cuba, or was/is it Venezuela? decides to help out their new found ally?

Which was it that Iran President made nice nice with a short while back here? It was Cuba wasn't it?

I think this thing with Iran is going to happen, just a matter of when and who else will be involved?
I don't think so, buddy. If we use some of that "Shock and Awe" on Iran, it will be after we've warned everyone else. Syria wants no part of us. The rest of the Middle East is scared of Iran and would probably love it if the U.S. stomped on them a little. Didn't Israel take out a Nuclear site in Syria, or am I getting my countries mixed up? Anyway, they didn't respond after that action, so........

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
No it was Iraq or Iran they took the nuclear plant out of before it got finished.
Trust me, I hope I'm wrong. But I think some country will jump in. But then, they just might sit back and let us spend even more on yet another war and let even more Americans get killed and try and take us when they think we're weaker?

·
Premium Member
14,869 Posts

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Israel's been busy. They also took out one of Iraq's back when it was being built in the 1981. For your reading pleasure my friend. lol

Sources close to the Pentagon said the United States was highly unlikely to give approval for tactical nuclear weapons to be used. One source said Israel would have to seek approval “after the event”, as it did when it crippled Iraq’s nuclear reactor at Osirak with airstrikes in 1981.

I took that ^^^ from the article from this link.

Revealed: Israel plans nuclear strike on Iran - Times Online

I guess we were both right. Like I said, Israel's been busy.

·
Premium Member
18,209 Posts
We supplied weapons to Afghanistan and Osama Bin Laden when they fought the Soviets. Using the same logic then the Soviets should've attacked the U.S.. China supplied weapons for North Korea and we didn't attack them during the Korean conflict. The Soviets, Hungarians, Chechs, Chinese all supplied weapons to North Vietnam during that war and we didn't attack those countries.
I find it just plain war mongering to threaten Iran for doing something that every country including ours does and has done. Let's go after the sons a bitches that make AK-47s and RPGs. Oh yeah, that'd be the Soviet Union and Bush doesn't want to piss them off.

·
Premium Member
14,869 Posts
We supplied weapons to Afghanistan and Osama Bin Laden when they fought the Soviets. Using the same logic then the Soviets should've attacked the U.S.. China supplied weapons for North Korea and we didn't attack them during the Korean conflict. The Soviets, Hungarians, Chechs, Chinese all supplied weapons to North Vietnam during that war and we didn't attack those countries.
I find it just plain war mongering to threaten Iran for doing something that every country including ours does and has done. Let's go after the sons a bitches that make AK-47s and RPGs. Oh yeah, that'd be the Soviet Union and Bush doesn't want to piss them off.
We are now killing Iranians and capturing them. I don't think we had American troops fighting the Russians. We also killed Chinese by the thousands during Korea. If McCarther would have had his way, China wouldn't be a threat now! If Patton would have had his way, Russia would have been out of the picture, too.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Lets face it here and now. Nobody here is even close to qualified when it comes to international politics. We can sit here and say what should be done, or what shouldn't have, but it won't change a thing. What happened, happened for some reason. I don't believe those in charge of making those decisions made them by flipping a coin, I'm sure a lot of thought went into the decisions made. It is very easy for us to sit back and say what they should have done, hindsight after all is said and done is 20/20. To understand the intricacies of why things are the way they are is impossible for everyone.

·
Registered
189 Posts
You guys all have great ideas....in theory. It would do no good to attack Iran. Hell, we don't even have control in Iraq. It is well known that Iran and Syria are supporting the militants (YES, MILITANTS...Al Qaida isn't the big enemy in Iraq anymore). I think it's great that you guys all have so much confidence in us (the military), but between Afghanistan, Iraq, Central America, and South Korea, we don't have enough troops to carry the battle to Iran. Sure, the Navy and Air Force could make headlines with the standard "shock and awe" attack like that we carried out in Iraq, but THEN WHAT?? We have no plan for Iraq, and we damn sure don't have a plan for Iran. Iran is a HUGE threat to the region, but they're smart. They watch CNN and Fox too. They know 70% of the US public wants troops out of Iraq. Iran is smart by staying relatively calm...waiting for us to leave so they can help Iraq "recover" from the US occupation.
Just my opinion...from the inside...

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
You just stay safe over the HARDERTR. Keep an eye on your 6.

AND THANK YOU!

·
Registered
189 Posts
THANKS GlockMeister... I have 6 days left until my R&R is over. Then it's right back to the sandbox for another 7 months.

I hate that place.

·
Banned
4,449 Posts

Yeah and American companies shipped goods to the Nazi's during WWII, that is nothing new, business is business. Even after they passed the trading with the enemy act, it is still done and not regulated.

As for the Oil, I would say it is pretty ignorant to not assume we are there for partly that reason. Our private contractors are over there piping it out, and those who do that tend to control where it goes. The oil companies are a giant web of deception, with one parent company owning tons of sister and subsidiaries. Then to top it off, with no to little regulation from our government they can do whatever they want with it. They most likely pump it through Europe first, since the Euro is worth so much more, then ship that back over the US and tax the crap out of the citizens first, and then justify raises prices.

Now, we also have tons of problems with the Middle East period. They are starting to take in convicted felons as troops because most of America doesn't want to fight this war any more and the Military numbers are low. There are stories I hear of American gang wars over in Iraq, and to top it off, gang members that go to the middle east, get military training and come back a lot more efficient at doing crime. One example is this I recently read:

Gang Members Get Trained in the Army - NAM

scroll down and watch the video on this one:

Gangs in the Military SHADMIA’S WORLD

Lets face it here and now. Nobody here is even close to qualified when it comes to international politics. We can sit here and say what should be done, or what shouldn't have, but it won't change a thing. What happened, happened for some reason. I don't believe those in charge of making those decisions made them by flipping a coin, I'm sure a lot of thought went into the decisions made. It is very easy for us to sit back and say what they should have done, hindsight after all is said and done is 20/20. To understand the intricacies of why things are the way they are is impossible for everyone.
Our own government is so inept at foreign relations with the middle east to begin with, I would almost say someone off this forum could probably be a better ambassador. The fact is, that when we invaded Iraq there was all this talk about terrorism, WMDs, so on and so forth and yet no evidence was ever really produced. While, I am not trying to belittle anyone in the military service for being there, but I think we shouldn't be there and we need to pull our troops the hell out of there.

Our economy is starting to crumble and a big part of it is the war. We over spend and take out too much money in private loans from the reserve and out source too much of that money to foreign and private contractors instead of pumping that cash back into American workers and American companies. If you are a contractor over seas, and your income is considered foreign income, then the US government can not tax it. While some of those contractors will come back and probably spend that money here in the US eventually, it isn't helping us much at the moment.

Iran has been helping and supplying arms since the beginning, this is a war, so every arms dealer is trying to make a buck off it plain and simple. We've done the same thing to other countries, and I think it is considered just doing business. Our private companies have all kinds of business ties to Afghanistan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Israel, so on and so forth.

What is the higher goal of a war with Iran to begin with? What exactly will we accomplish, or should I say try to accomplish?

I say we pull all out troops out, leave some equipment and train the Iraqi government, pull out of Israel as well, and let the middle east just fend for itself and then concentrate on fixing all the problems with our own country before we try to fix the world.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts