close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

IS 5 cent tax PER BULLET a new form of gun control

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

We all know the anti 2nd ammendment types will try anything to take away our rights. Since the recent court ruleings have been pro gun and pro right to keep and bear arms, could the next attack come in the form of ok have your guns..just no ammo. Think about it, ammunition is NOT mentioned in the 2en ammendment. Of course we could get around such attacks by handloading..casting our own bulletts ect..but the big ammo companies are also part of our firearm way of life...like wise the best gun in the world for teaching a child is the good old .22 but at $10 after tax a box there would be a lot less plinking...
    What do you all think?? Am I just being paranoid?

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I don't doubt the anti's won't stop at anything to disrupt our lives. They have been trying this for awhile and so far have not succeeded. Join the NRA and donate what you can,its always an uphill battle!

3. johno

johno G&G Newbie

To answer your question doglips, NO you are not being paraniod. I live in the PRK where this insane law is going to be passed, and that tax is one of the most outragous things i've seen the government do in a long time. I can't imagine coughing up a 5 cent tax on a 1.5 cent bullet. i'll just buy all my ammo mail order untill i move. reminds me of some taxes back in the 1770's.

pround member of the NRA as well.

4. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Uhm... the northeastern liberals (Kennedy & Co) have been trying to do that for at least ten years.

5. Here is a copy of a proposed bill which would require that ammunition purchases be made in person, this seeks to eliminate the mail order route.

Electronic Commerce Crime Prevention and Protection Act (Introduced in House)

HR 4101 IH

107th CONGRESS

2d Session

H. R. 4101
    To amend title 18, United States Code, to require firearms, ammunition, and explosives purchases to be made in person and to require records to be kept of the means by which the purchases are made.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

APRIL 9, 2002
    Mr. CROWLEY (for himself, Mr. WEXLER, Mr. GEORGE MILLER of California, Mr. ENGEL, Mr. MORAN of Virginia, Mr. CAPUANO, Mr. MCGOVERN, Mrs. MCCARTHY of New York, Mr. BLAGOJEVICH, Mr. CLAY, and Ms. WOOLSEY) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A BILL
    To amend title 18, United States Code, to require firearms, ammunition, and explosives purchases to be made in person and to require records to be kept of the means by which the purchases are made.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Electronic Commerce Crime Prevention and Protection Act'.

SEC. 2. REQUIREMENT THAT FIREARMS, AMMUNITION, AND EXPLOSIVES PURCHASES BE MADE IN PERSON; RECORDATION OF THE MEANS BY WHICH THE PURCHASES ARE MADE.

(a) FIREARMS- Section 922(t) of title 18, United States Code, is amended--

(1) in paragraph (1)--

(A) by striking `and' at the end of subparagraph (B)(ii);

(B) by striking the period at the end of subparagraph (C); and

(C) by adding at the end the following:

`(D) any thing of value accepted by the licensee in exchange for the firearm is presented in person by the transferee at the time of the transfer.'; and

(2) in paragraph (4), by inserting `and a detailed description of any thing of value accepted by the licensee in exchange for the firearm' before the period.

(b) AMMUNITION-

(1) IN GENERAL- Section 922 of such title is amended by inserting after subsection (y) the following:

`(z)(1) It shall be unlawful for a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer to sell ammunition to a person not licensed under this chapter unless any thing of value accepted by the licensee in exchange for the ammunition is presented in person by the transferee at the time of the transfer.

`(2) A licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer who sells ammunition to a person not licensed under this chapter shall include in the record of the transfer a detailed description of any thing of value accepted by the licensee in exchange for the ammunition.'.

(2) PENALTIES- Section 924(a)(5) of such title is amended by striking `or (t)' and inserting `, (t), or (z)'.

(c) EXPLOSIVES- Section 842 of such title is amended--

(1) in subsection (f), by inserting `, and a detailed description of any thing of value accepted by the licensee or permittee in exchange for any explosive materials so distributed' before the period at the end of the 1st sentence; and

(2) by adding at the end the following:

`(q) It shall be unlawful for a licensee or permittee knowingly to sell any explosive materials to any transferee who is not a licensee or permittee, unless any thing of value accepted by the licensee or permittee in exchange for the explosive materials is presented in person by the transferee at the time of the transfer.'.

6. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

This type of crap has been going on for years. There was a proposed bill back in 1995 to tax ammo 1000%, citing health issues as a viable reason. Bullets are being portrayed as a health nuicense, and that's how they are getting to pass these draconian laws.......

7. johno

johno G&G Newbie

yeah, but i heard the ammo tax got passed in the state senate.

8. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    VOTE;
    Get some dough to a reputable organization;
    Never comprimise;
    Be heard!

9. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Well you need to call your senators and rep ASAP, let your voice be heard, and then type letters! You may spend 34 cents per letter, if you have a fax, FAX them!

We can not give up our rights, or the lives that have died defending our freedoms has been in VAIN

10. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I think there's a dual purpose for such taxation...
    It's also to put money in their system so they can claim in the midst of their violation of basic liberty that they're doing a good job, and the people not directly affected won't feel the gouging and mindlessly believe that these people are doing them good.

11. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

PRK has also considered the handloader thats why they are adding the 5cent tax to the reloaders as well -- the only bypass to such a bill in PRK is to go to Mail Order which will bypass all tax collections