Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking at a cheap parts Turk without a bolt. And I have a bubba bent bolt from a sporterized K98 (wonder why he bent it, maybe it was a straight bolt K98 originally). Anyway, I restored the bubba'ed K98 so I'm wondering if I get this Turk, can I use the bubba'ed bolt body to complete it ? :hmmm: I don't have any Turks so can't compare. If you guys don't know the answer offhand, can someone with a Turk & a K98 try interchanging bolts and sticking a headspace gauge in for me please. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry, should have been more specific - it was a 38 turk. Too bad, someone sniped the auction :mad: :(

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,690 Posts
Nope, the Kar98k bolt won't work. I have four Mausers, two Spanish (M43 and FR8) based on the Kar98k, and their bolts will not work in my Turk Mauser (a M1903 model), and the Yugo M48A doesn't interchange with the others either.
With all the Turk M38's in the country now, it shouldn't be too hard to find the correct bolt for it. Keep checking those auctions!

The M38 is indeed a 'configuration standard' and not a true model of Turkish rifle. So, there are a lot of differences even among M38's.

A Mauser isn't always just a Mauser! That's why they are so fun to collect! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts