Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
not out of business

not out of business - I contacted them by email and they just sent me out a replacement rifle stock for my m900 9mm today.

At one time I had heard they were bankrupt and in receivership and had plans to restart business. They have had the same website up for years with the 40 cal being listed as coming in 2010. So I don't know but would say YES out of business if I had to bet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
pre ban

I believe I may have a pre ban m900 carbine rifle. The flash suppressor tapers out in the middle. I just purchased a replacement rifle stock for it and i have a 50 drum and an auto loader for it. I want around 900 for it. I'm in fl,,,
Ray

Damn. I have to try to locate one of the pre-ban models. Those are still legal here in the Peoples Democratic Republic of New York.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
"Function Consistently"?

Damn. I have to try to locate one of the pre-ban models. Those are still legal here in the Peoples Democratic Republic of New York.

What defines a pre-ban?

I have a solid stock that is LOCKED in place (rendered non-adjustable - by law?)

Also notice NO flash suppressor / compensator on end of barrel (also by feds?).

Cant seem to ID this hybrid as Manual is for the M-900 / M-950's but it has a new tactical rail on it.

Noticed this comment on YouTube from National Firearms Museum Director Jim Supica from NRA headquarters in Fairfax: “I've shot the Calico's and never could quite get these two to function consistantly.”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC3O6aSGWwY]Inside Supica's Safe: Calico M100 - YouTube[/ame]
Exactly what is required to coax these guns to work?

Do I TRY to make this thing work os sell it unfired years from now.

Are there ways to make this to "Function Consistently"?

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
Yeah, use good quality ammo (non-remington/non-overseas), keep it clean as an AR-15, and lightly oiled...

What sorta issues are you having?

this site has helped me fix a lot of oddball function problems with different guns...
it is a Keltec site, but the fixes apply to almost any semi-auto...
http://www.goldenloki.com/gunsmith/keltec/fullrp.htm

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yeah, use good quality ammo (non-remington/non-overseas), keep it clean as an AR-15, and lightly oiled...

What sorta issues are you having?

this site has helped me fix a lot of oddball function problems with different guns...
it is a Keltec site, but the fixes apply to almost any semi-auto...
GoldenLoki.com
Thanks For Link!

I bought some cheap bulk ammo from Freedom Munitions. Stuff is new but generic round lead point and generic Hollow Point. Hope to God that is ok ammo for "break-in" period?

I have not even taken her to the range yet - its the you-tube guy who was complaining. I guess you gotta wind just the right ammo - just the correct amount. Hope I get that right. Suggestions welcome! Manual says to wind 100 round mag "23 complete turns"!

Gun is clean and new - just wish I could suppress the blinding flash!
Hard to shoot blind at night!

Went looking for Ranger-T (talon) and Hornady Critical Defense. Impossible!

Think I have 500rds - 9mm Federal LE Tactical Hydra-Shok 124gr. HP on the way - will see... Could ONLY order 50rds - 9mm Hornady Critical Defense 115gr HP Ammo and 50rds - 9mm Winchester Ranger Talon 127gr. +P+ HP.

+P was all they had - hope won't kill carbine!

GOOD ammo seems very hard to find.

Did find a cool ballistics link - pre you-tube - but informative!

The Box O' Truth - Sitemap

Thanks!
-Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Calico order contact info

I am on Gunbroker. With a Liberty II I would want to stock pile NEW 100 RD Mags. I know they are twitchy and I will no doubt break a few. But what is with Calico AT ALL?? They have new 'tactical' models on their sight - but don't pick up the phone?
We are getting a gazallion calls a week...sorry if you and an FFL and need to order e mail [email protected]

T units are back ordered until OCTOBER

Non T SKUs are available for May delivery if ordered today thanks

Mark

·
Registered
3 Posts
Break in ammo

Pre Ban is before 1994

SN is best way to check

Break in .22 with several mags of CCI Mini Mag
Break in 8mm with Win White Box several mags

shoot them often they like to be used

What defines a pre-ban?

I have a solid stock that is LOCKED in place (rendered non-adjustable - by law?)

Also notice NO flash suppressor / compensator on end of barrel (also by feds?).

Cant seem to ID this hybrid as Manual is for the M-900 / M-950's but it has a new tactical rail on it.

Noticed this comment on YouTube from National Firearms Museum Director Jim Supica from NRA headquarters in Fairfax: “I've shot the Calico's and never could quite get these two to function consistantly.”

Inside Supica's Safe: Calico M100 - YouTube
Exactly what is required to coax these guns to work?

Do I TRY to make this thing work os sell it unfired years from now.

Are there ways to make this to "Function Consistently"?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Calico Dealers

Like all gun companies phones are insane

Dealers can order direct or through AmChar Distributing

We have hundreds of dealers in all states except NY CA and Mass

Want to be a dealer send ffl and e mail [email protected]

THX

Mark
Cant find any retailer selling new guns.

Called Calico's direct line: 1 888 442 2542
But get only an answering machine.
Never a call back.

Does ANYONE know a dealer selling ANY new Calicos and accessories?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cant find any retailer selling new guns.

Called Calico's direct line: 1 888 442 2542
But get only an answering machine.
Never a call back.

Does ANYONE know a dealer selling ANY new Calicos and accessories?

Thanks!
Hi
I placed an order for some mag parts and a speed loader on 2/27/13 and just recieved the shipment 3/15/13, they are still in business I have spoke with a couple people there, They do still produce firearms and I think they can be ordered by and shipped to your local FFL.
Hope this helps

21 - 31 of 31 Posts