close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Eric, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    I've been looking at getting another M1A. Mine (SA) looks brand new, has a chrome lined barrel and can drive tacks. It is just the plain jane version. Is it really worth the $300-$450 to get the loaded one with the SS barrel. I really don't like the look of the SS barrel, I like them to look original so to speak. Oh, and why another one? Just because, plus I can get the "Scope Deal" for cheap. I don't know what's happened, I used to be Black rifle only. I've had twelve of those at one time. Now, everything military I' buy has wood on it. I'm about done and I will have three Garands, two M1 Carbines and two M1As (after this purchase) not counting the Mosins and Mausers and odd stuff like that.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2002
  2. You need to get a Thompson. For the money, they are worth it. You got an M1-A. Its a tack driver, what are you gonna do with another for $1600.00?? For $800 to $850 get a Thompson. They are really fun, you wont get sick of them, and you can always go back to the M1-A at any time.

3. I didn't see an FAL/L1A1 on your list

4. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    I haven't opened that can of worms yet. I don't believe my wallet could stand it. I'm still wondering about the inch and metric issue tho. Probably best not to push this issue, I'll have to file bankruptcy.