Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,129 Posts
Well how hard it is to take apart is all relative to who is taking it apart. If you are fairly adept at mechanical type things, you shouldn't have any problems. You will need to get step-by-step directions from a web site or something.

I would suggest a ruger 10/22 as a first gun for anyone. But, an SKS is a good full size beginers rifle.

· Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
37,465 Posts
Any of the SKS models is a good and fun rifle, if in good condition. It's an excellent 'first centerfire' and will whet you appetite for more milsurps. Excellent 'bang for the buck'. A good family gun too, as women and younger shooters have no problem handling it.

· Registered
123 Posts
I've got a Yugo. I don't have any complaints. (not that I'm a beginner) Once you've had it apart a time or two it becomes second nature. One really good thing about most military weapons is that they don't require a lot of tools to strip down. You can take an SKS as far down as you'd ever need to with just your bare hands. The only thing I don't like about mine is getting the trigger guard snapped back in when I take it all the way apart. It's a real chore sometimes. Other than that, great shooter. Cheap ammo. No kick.Did I say cheap ammo?

· Registered
155 Posts
i love my russian...my girlfriend loves shooting it as there is little recoil....unlike some of my other guns :kinky: i can easily take mine apart in a minute or so if i really try...very easy to do and no tool needed for a basic field strip at least for my russian..i dont have any experience with other countries' sks's but im sure they are similar

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.