Is this a fair price?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by stitchclimber, May 29, 2008.

1. Last edited: May 29, 2008
  2. dahondaboy

dahondaboy G&G Newbie

it seems to be an average price...find out if it has a stamped or cast receiver, and find out the bolt gap and if it has a ground bolt. he may not know these answers, But you asking them puts you in a better position to bring the price down. just remember these rifles are getting hard to find and very collectible so get one before the new election... or you may pay a lot more

3. $500 for one that's in good condition and operates well is a steal anymore! Weather cast or stamped....if it works and is in good condition, you really can't beat $500 anymore. I stole mine at $400 two years ago when alot of them where already at $600 plus.

4. Link for me says Ad is not found. Possibly is not active or expired. Bummer.

Billy if you see this one you might like it? You have a .454 Casull don't you? I mean for $2.00 each, what the hey right? lol

Reloading Manuals - Reloading : Reloading

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  5. yeah, the add expired cause he pulled it. I missed my chance... Non of you are selling your spanish lady are ya?

6. jim433

jim433 G&G Addict

dumb question.... but how do you tell if it's stamped or casted reciever..and which is better/and why?

7. meatloaf

meatloaf Guest

stamped is thinner steel, it started out as a flat plate and was stamped in to form. A milled receiver is thicker should have a better fit and finish to it, and if you can find a milled receiver get it.