Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not an expert, but it was my first guess, based on specs and features.

The ТОЗ-49М sporting revolver is intended for sport shooting.
It possesses high ballistic and performance properties. The barrel is connected with the frame by means of a guide cylinder and a thread.
The barrel bore is locked by the breech end with the help of a locking lug when the cylinder is shifted onto the barrel. The firing and trigger mechanism of a hammer type is mounted in the frame. The trigger pull and creep are adjustable.
The hammer is cocked manually.
Fired cases are withdrawn from the cylinder chambers by an extractor.
The rear sight provides for windage and elevation adjustment. The grip of a special convenient shape is made of walnut wood. The appearance of the revolver meets the requirements imposed on the weapon of this class. The revolver is supplied with a set of tools and accessories for adjustment, disassembly and cleaning .

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,326 Posts
Nope...don't know what that is! :hmmm:

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Looks like a Crossman pellet gun/pistol.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,987 Posts
BRG, that is a modern target revolver - a totally different animal!

Here is the Nagant M95 military revolver.
Top is the Russian M95 Competition Model - heavier barrel, better sights, target grip.
Bottom is my M95 Nagant, a 1939 Tula. Caliber 7.62X38 Nagant, single & double action, manual case ejection similar to the Colt SAA.

We use re-sized .32-20 brass, though Nagant cases are now available for reloading. .308 Jacketed or .312 lead bullets are best. Accuracy is so-so - we are currently getting about 3" groups at 15 yards, clocking at 745 FPS.
Not exactly a "Dirty Harry Special".
SOG has a special price of two for $79 each! Not a bad deal in an old C&R revolver.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, somehow the frame looked familiar. The round it fires is supposed to be 30 cal, that also got me thinking it was the nagant.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,326 Posts
Think I'm gonna send away for another one....sold both of mine but SOG has cheaper ammo now.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,987 Posts
Joe, do you still have that ill-fated .32ACP cylinder? :)

Reloading is the way to go with these things! Cheap, and since it's so low-powered, the brass will last forever. It doesn't take much powder per case either. Lot's of shots from a pound of powder. Makes it a great little plinker.
It works great with my .22-rated steel swinger target, using the cast lead bullets.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,326 Posts
No...sold that with the bastage gun that bit me! :...:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts