Is This Another California Back Door Tactic To Ban Lead Bullets??

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Marine1, May 27, 2008.

1. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Only for lawabiding folks!

2. Gee lets see would high income kids be exposed to lead as much as low income kids. So wouldnt it follow that lower income kids would also grow up to commit more crime than higher income kids? Seems like a study probably fed by a government grant. Flawed study I would say.

3. I have my doubts. When I was a kid, I would use my bare hands to knead linseed oil into white lead for my dad, to make window putty and a base for paints. And I'm almost abnormally law-abiding...

4. Shooting Fool

Shooting Fool G&G Newbie

Probably Not

I'm skeptical that this is an attempt to ban lead bullets. The study was started nearly 30 years ago. I think it is just coincidental that it came out while we Californians are going through the lead ban. I've gotta say though, even if the poisoning of the California condor from lead bullets is bull, I don't want to put my kids at risk. Yesterday I took my meat to my veterinarian to get some x-rays, just to see for myself. Suprisingly, there was lead (or some dense metal fragments). If this study is true and took into account other random causes, then I'm switching to copper bullets. If I can eliminate another source of lead poisoning from my kids, I'm going to do it. Maybe the time has come to switch.

5. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

CO
    Interesting. I have cast several hundred lbs of lead in the last few years and my lead levels always hovered around a 3 or 4. I have to imagine I have as much, or more, exposure then the average American. Can the problems really all be traced back to lead based paint? How would you know to wash your hands after exposure if it's in your walls?

6. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

Just goes to show that all research may not be a lie but some researchers are liars. sam.

7. mosquitofish

mosquitofish G&G Newbie

you can make a survey say any thing you want. just play w/ the numbers.