Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking at mosin's at gun stores online and saw them for under 100 is this some kind of error or are they really this cheap?

·
Registered
406 Posts
They are that cheap in some places. Make sure you check it out real good before you buy it. I would check the bore first. Then make sure the bolt operates well. I have seen them range from 89.99 to 149.99 in stores. Mine set me back 115 bucks. It's a blast to shoot, got a real kick to it. Ammo is fairly cheap still about 5 bucks per 20 rounds. They are pretty accurate as well. You should buy one you will like it. I have a M44.

P.S. If you want to buy them online you have to have a 03 FFL. That's a Federal Firearms License for Curios and Relics. But as I said above you can buy one in a store for 90 to 150 bucks.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Fokker, you'd be better off waiting for Big 5 Sporting Goods to have another sale on them at 79.99 or even 89.99, since you have three stores in Tucson. That way you can handle them and get the best of the bunch. You actually break even on tax if you consider shipping costs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've bought 3 M44 for 84.95 in Jeffersonville, IN. It's good to handle and make sure it's the gun you want. Mine had all matching numbers and very clean.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Fokker, you'd be better off waiting for Big 5 Sporting Goods to have another sale on them at 79.99 or even 89.99, since you have three stores in Tucson. That way you can handle them and get the best of the bunch. You actually break even on tax if you consider shipping costs.
I'll have to check, I know at least one of the locations sells firearms, don't know if the others do.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I'll have to check, I know at least one of the locations sells firearms, don't know if they others do.
Yeah, not all of them do. I checked all of 'em in a 100 mile radius from me to find the perfect 91/30 (got an ex-sniper that wasn't counter-bored) and one of the stores didn't carry firearms, but it was understandable with where they were located.... bad area of town.

·
Premium Member
30,705 Posts
how come they are so cheap?
well for one reason 17,000,000 91/30's were made in russia that doesnt count the m-38's or the m--40's
and no armies use them anymore

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i suppose that's a good reason :burnout:
also Chris sorry about the bad thread name it won't happen again...i read your message right after i posted it :34:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just went out and shot my M44 again. I took it completely apart when I bought it to clean and inspect. How a gun that costs $84.95 can shoot that well is amazing.

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Yeah, like Billy said, they made a blue million of them. But remember, they will go the way the rest of the great firearms have. Eventually they will start drying up and will cost more to buy. Already have for what you used to be able to get one. Get'em while you can. Not only are you getting a piece of history, but you are getting great BANG for your buck!!! Or don't buy any, it will just leave more for me!! I only have 7 and I really need more~~

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

·
Registered
223 Posts
DUNHAM's discount sports in defiance ohio has m-44's and 91-30's on sale for $79.00 ea. i had to go there on a service call and as always stopped in on the way home, they also had a 91-30 lammy for $99.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts