close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is this the way things are going in America?

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by Cyrano, Apr 14, 2018 at 2:37 PM.

1. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    PAPA G likes this.
  2. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

This kind of incident is not common, but with the last 9 years of lamestream media race-baiting being blasted all over the nation, it is not surprising that this occurred.

For the sake of "innocent until proven guilty" (which is now a thoroughly trashed concept in this country), let's assume the high school kid WAS doing exactly what he said he was doing, and the woman "overreacted," thus causing the husband to go into hyper-overreaction. It now becomes a matter of the prosecution of this white man in a liberal bias court, with the lamestream media publicly flogging him, with the full support of BLM, Al Sharpton, et al. Do we REALLY expect for this man to get a fair trial, and reasonable sentence if convicted of the charges?

Just sayin'.

TXplt, PAPA G and my1871colt45 like this.

3. my1871colt45

my1871colt45 G&G Evangelist

Oklahoma
    DANG!! That article ISN'T one sided is it??? Good gawsh at least make an honest attempt to get both sides, or at LEAST a statement from police before you ramble and ramble and ramble about past incidents of people dying from totally unrelated and different actions. And spewing everything the kid says as gospel. For one I find it all quite suspicious. Missed the bus? Forgot his cell phone? Didn't know his way to the school???? Hell when I was in kindergarten I ran away from the school one day and ran all the way home. Had only lived in the town less than a year but I knew the way!!!!

TXplt, blaster, Merle and 3 others like this.
  4. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

And that overly simplistic blurb about "unarmed 17 year old" Trayvon Martin doesn't tell any of the facts about that thug. What I expect from a libtard rag.

TXplt, blaster, Merle and 4 others like this.
  5. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Is this the way things are going in America?

Yup! Right down the old crapper!

blaster, Rave, EWY270 and 4 others like this.
  6. Rambo

Rambo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

America
    Yep! Shooting people, even teenagers in the back, especially black ones, should be the law of the land, just like the good’ol days of Jim Crow.

7. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Yep!!! I gotta learn how to saddle and bridle a turd for the trip!:rolleyes:

Rave, TXplt and Ten Man like this.
  8. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

ROTFL.gif ROTFL.gif ROTFL.gif ROTFL.gif ROTFL.gif ROTFL.gif ROTFL.gif

Slim-Pickens_riding-the-bomb.jpg

TXplt and PAPA G like this.
  9. I read the AP article this piece of biased BS gave the link to, and it was much more fact based, even handed and gave much better information on the situation. It's worth the read as it includes statements by the prosecutor and county sheriff.
    https://apnews.com/59cc0bed07a644c490daeabf5f155433

Rave likes this.
  10. savage12755a

savage12755a G&G Evangelist

What Mr. Zeigler did was, by the accounts given, an extreme over reaction to the situation. Hopefully justice will be done. On the other hand, it is Detroit.

Rambo, ncnascarlady and PAPA G like this.
  11. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Interesting highly PC read and given by a PC political source.
    Sounds like a crock to me,S.O.S.!
    By the way,the shot could have easily been a warning one not to come back,some times it takes a bit of convincing for some to get the message.
    lets hope if it was just stupidity on the kids part he might have learned some thing,other wise don't go pounding on folks door.
    Most rapes are from burgleries gone bad and the victum just happens to be handy and unarmed and vulnerable to attack and worse. :mad:
    Oh yeah,we are circling the bowl faster and faster as we near the dump spot. :mad:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018 at 4:53 PM
    PAPA G likes this.
  12. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

This seems like the most fair reading so far. The situation was aggravated by her exclamation. However, firing at someone who's fleeing is out of bounds. We all know this here. Biden doesn't, but we do. #buyashotgun

13. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

I also think this was an over reaction and the wrong thing to do. but my take is that it was indeed a warning shot and that is why the boy was not hit. the cops said that Zigler was slow to shoot letting Walker get farther away. also being a shotgun, it may have been loaded with bird shot and was fired over the boy's head to scare him into not coming back. still not the right or legal thing to do but its what it looks like to me.

PAPA G, Ten Man and Cyrano like this.
  14. Cyrano

New York
    Definitely an overreaction on the husband's part, but the kid didn't help it by taking off. The general perception is that if some kid, especially one who doesn't look like he belongs in the neighborhood, takes off like that, he was up to no good and is beating feet to avoid arrest.

But hauling the husband in on a laundry list of charges is ridiculous. If this happened in my county (at least under the previous sheriff -- unfortunately, we got saddled with a Democrat last election, whom we now need to vote out), before it ever got to an arraignment the sheriff would sit down with the kid and the husband and work it out. Husband would apologize to the kid, the kid would get a lecture and maybe some training on how to find his way around without a GPS system, and husband would get a lecture from the sheriff on stupidity. Then husband would get hauled up in front of the judge on a misdemeanor charge of discharging a firearm in the neighborhood, another lecture from the judge, and a fine, plus maybe an order to attend an NRA training course. End of story.

This of course presumes we're talking about a town with common sense. But considering it's Detroit, an urban pesthole governed for the past half-century by Democrats, the poor schmuck is liable to be sent to prison for an overreaction to a black teenager. That is not justice, that's racism.

PAPA G, Rave, blaster and 2 others like this.
  15. In comparison to the original article, it is a whole lot more sane. Yes, there's a whole lot of PC involved in it. The point I was making is the sheriff's dept. is more likely to give a less emotionally charged, less snowflake statement of what went on than the young man's mother or the homeowner.

PAPA G and my1871colt45 like this.
  16. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

gee go figure,

The NY Slimes forgot the part where Martin was doing the ground and pound beatdown and slamming the neighborhood watch volunteer's head into ground. :rolleyes:

PAPA G, Rave, TXplt and 3 others like this.
  17. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

another thing; the link said the wife screamed something about why do THESE PEOPLE keep bothering them. the mother said it was a racist statement. I wonder if the Ziglers or their neighbors have had any break ins or such from black youths before? unless that woman is totally skitzo, she was screaming for a reason.

PAPA G, Rave, TXplt and 1 other person like this.
  18. Cyrano

New York
    As I said, there is more that is not being said here. Perhaps as you say, blaster, there have been break-ins. Perhaps the wife was assaulted by some black kid or kids. Maybe at some point in her life the wife was raped by some black dude and just freaked out. We just don't know.

I do think the cops need to get to the bottom of this before they arrest the husband for his overreaction. But Detroit is a Demokratische town. They would rather arrest the white guy on the word of a black guy than get the facts and decide if an arrest is warranted.

PAPA G, blaster and TXplt like this.
  19. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Yup. This is why we gotta get all the facts straight which you're NOT going to do from the libtard media.

BLM was based on an outright lie. Yet the lie continued to be propagated.

Let's say I was a criminal (in a hypothetical situation). I'm breaking into a house. The homeowner (rightly) ID's me as a threat and shoots at me. I run away. It's a dynamic situation and gunfights aren't static (meaning there's usually a lot of running and confusion). So if I'm hit, it could be anywhere and the person shooting is (rightly) going to shoot until he reasonably doesn't perceive me as a threat anymore. I did a crime, I deserve the consequences which include getting hurt or killed.

So whether the person fires once or 30 times, he did so in reasonable belief that I might injure or kill him. This is likely to happen quickly (i.e. it's not a 'shoot look shoot' type of thing) and the prudent thing to do is if you've made the decision to shoot, shoot until the target isn't a threat anymore. The target might have any aspect, and it's likely that someone 'running away' could simply be building room to re-engage (and this probably wouldn't be obvious for awhile in a very dynamic and adrenalin building situation).

As a CRIMINAL, what AM I going to say ? I was breaking into the house (even though I was) ?

No, I'm going to lie and say I was asking for directions (or some similar excuse--anything but what I was really doing) and 'innocently' got shot at while running away.

Oh, and the guy shot at me because I was colored. I had the best of intentions.

Not saying it happened in THIS particular case, but it's likely we are not getting the full story.

Cyrano, PAPA G and blaster like this.
  20. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

I also find it hard to believe a teenage boy misses his school bus and decides to walk an hour and a half to school. maybe in 1955 but not today and in Detroit no less.

TXplt, Cyrano, Jaison and 3 others like this.