Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I've heard they shut down the factory and are not going to make any more USA 94's,1300's. NO MORE LEVERS... Ohh someone told me they'll make
em', but they'll be Made in Japan..... So does anyone know what's going on.
Iam glad I bought the .410 lever when I had the chance.....

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,594 Posts
They need to be bought before the end of March. Think we can get enough cabbage together here?

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
my gunshop guy told me that winchester as a brand name is going to keep going,but their weapons manufacturing is being farmed out to u.s. repeating arms. now i dont know where their factory is at all? and the winchester name is being sold right and left! the knife case at wal mart is chok full of knives that resemble the old uncle henry's,that have the winchester logo embossed on em...BUT! my gunshop guy also told me that winchester is thinking about making their own optics. which isnt a far leap to make considering they used to own part (if not all) of weaver. so fear not friends! the name winchester will live on!... but only as a mere shadow of its former self.:(

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,353 Posts
The new Winchester Wildcat rifle in .22LR has a distinctly Russian look to it. Compare it to the TOZ-78 - very similar!
The others will likely be Miroku-made (Japanese).

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Another example of how America can't compete with the forein markets. People are buying cheaper guns that are almost as good and there is nothing that can be done about it. Such a shame because Whinchester is more than just a gun company, it is a piece of American history. Come on the 30 30 was a landmark in it's time period.:smash:

·
Registered
8,921 Posts
Guys its very possible if you recall S&W was purchased for a couple hundred K along with accepting 600K in financial liabilities and they had to abide by the agreement with Klinton signed to under the previous British owners

1 - 9 of 9 Posts