close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is your dog goofy???

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Ok a silly light harted subject. Is your dog (or cat) goofy? Weird? strange? I have 2 dogs now..my Bassethound past away a few weeks ago after 15 years. My Lab mix is flat out nuratic...and gets so excited when I walk in the door...even if I just went to check the mail...that I think he will stoke out. My Rotwiler puppy (10 months old) thinks he is still a tiny 10 pound puppy..he try to sleep UNDER the couch (a foton about 12" off the ground) he manages to get under but then gets stuck getting out. Both are such great watchdogs that Im glad I got an alarm system to wake them up.....Both of course have advanced degrees in begging for food and both seem happy to go with wifee poo for a ride in the car (despite most rides being to the vet) so I dont think they are that smart. Both refuse to go out in the back yard but like the front yard...same grass to me. My Rotie seems most happy chaseing flys...house flys. He will spend hours trying to catch one. My lab still has not learned how to fetch after 3 years....talk about special ed...throw the ball he goes looks at it and comes back without it....However he is smart enough to nudge the wife with his nose to wake her up when he wants to go out at night...he knows Id smack him. The rotie just puts his face in mine and pants to wake me up....nothing like wakeing up from a dream about Lora Croft...Dolly Parton ect....to the sight and smell of a rotie breathing in your face.

Well thats my dogs so lets here it am I the only one with weird anamiles?
    :p

2. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    I have a husky mix that I swear is a re-incarnation of some psychotic criminal. Very lovable but sometimes EVIL. Wife bought a $50 inflatable pool to take to my brothers for the 4th. We left it sit on the back deck (in the box) she ripped the box open and commenced to eati'n the pool. The kind of language that is acceptable here would do no justice in describing how mad she was.
    The lab mix is too old now to do it, but used to constantly jump up on the fence (wooden 6' privacy) just to get a look on the other side. I constantly had a fence full of mud prints. What a pain. Sorry to hear about your dog passing our lab mix is 13 now.
    We love them both, but critters are always finding new ways to test me. On the up side, they are good watch dogs. when they do bark, there is something to bark at. unlike the other neighborhood dogs that bark for recreation.

3. wes

wes G&G Newbie

About three months ago I had to put down my Wolf that I had for thirteen years,she was a sweetheart. I recently got a German Shepherd,about a year old. Last week he got under the porch and got stuck,had to rescue him. He gets into EVERYTHING,and eats ANYTHING. I think he was kicked-out of the police dog academy,he loves donuts and coffee. Learned real quick what treats are,but can't seem to understand things like staying out of everything else,smart dog,but such a bonehead at times. If I'm ever attacked by kids on bicycles I think I'll be safe,otherwise,who knows. I would say goofy about covers it.

4. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

Gotta yellow lab that can lift the lid of the cooler with her nose then grabs a beer can, punctures it with her teeth then licks the air as streams of beer shoot out of the can - almost wet myself the first time she did it. Now every one has to sit on thier coolers when she is around.

She jumped off my folk's dock and went swimming for about an hour - had to jump in the boat and found her roughly 1/2 mile away eating hotdogs with some kids down there - They couldn't believe a dog swam that far - the lake is only 2 miles long and about 1/2 mile wide, not very big but she has swam shore to shore many times - the drag is jump'n in the truck and driv'n all the way across the lake to get her - 99% of the time she is scrounging food off of some kind soul.

Now if I can only get her to not eat the ducks before she gets back to the boat!! She won't eat the geese!?!? but she loves duck.

5. jerry

USA
    my dad had a lab once; we were duck hunting, he went to eat his chili he found the chili cold. he threw the thermos jug out and the dog ran down the ramp and got it. He was proud! He threw it out again and tried to tell me to grab the dog, I wasn't quick enough. dog brought back the jug again. This time dad had me hold the dog he dropped the jug over the side of the blind and threw 3 good old 1 1/4 oz lead (pre-steel days) # 5's through it with his A-5, sinking it. He says,,, now let him go. Talk about a dog that wouldn't give up. He even dove for it! There are dogs & there are good dogs.

6. my dogs are the only ones in the house this week that are not wacky(heack every week for that matter)

7. jerry

USA
    colt45
    you must have a house full of women & kids ha, ha.

8. psycho dad

psycho dad G&G Newbie

see the nugent thread for some more details on my doggie, rocky the wonder lab. he retrieves, he swims, he flushes birds, he understands english. he is more intelligent than half of the people i talk to on a daily basis

9. how did you know? are you guys looking through my web cam?