close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

iTarget?

Discussion in 'General Handgun' started by dwrestle, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Has anyone tried the iTarget or something like it? Just wondering if target practice with something like that actually translates to accuracy with real ammo?

This is iTarget's website in case you've never heard of it. https://www.itargetpro.com/

SafetyFirst, jwrauch and TheWall like this.
  2. Jaison

Jaison They who choose safety over liberty gain neither Forum Contributor

Yonder
    Haven't tried it, but I'm interested.

There's a simulated range in town that does something similar on a large 'screen'.

3. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

That might be a viable option for folks that own a "phone" compatible with the system.

Dry firing is good for the basics of sight alignment and trigger squeeze drill. It makes you concentrate on your grip, breathe control, and sight alignment.

After you have those basics down, real ammo firing is the way to go.

As my SCUBA instructor told us, "The best way to train for SCUBA diving is to go SCUBA diving."

TXplt and Jaison like this.
  4. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

I think it has some very viable uses.
    it would be great for practice, teach good trigger control, and to help remove a flinch.
    it would also simulate range time when you can't get to the range.
    if I didn't have to buy a 500$ cell phone to use it I'd be all over buying one.
    if it had rifle round cases available it would be even more useful.

TXplt, jwrauch and Ten Man like this.
  5. SafetyFirst

SafetyFirst G&G Addict

For flinching and trigger control this no-cost (since you are shooting anyways) drill has served me well:

1. Load a single round into your magazine.
    2. Insert magazine and chamber the round.
    3. Depending on your gun you can then drop the magazine and fire the shot or leave the magazine in and fire the shot.
    4. Now dry fire the next shot - you will be able to see flinches or movement from trigger pull even knowing you are not firing a live round.

I use 1 full magazine and one empty (switching after chambering) so I can repeat the process many times in a row. Even if you need to release your slide for the second shot, issues will still reveal themselves.

6. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Evangelist

That looks like a good tool for the wife to get in some practice. Although I don't see this working in a revolver. She'll have to use one of my Pistols I guess. Would also be good to help introduce new shooters into shooting a handgun without having to take them to the range and trying to instruct them with all the distractions at the range.