Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An aquaintance of mine who has a gun-pawn shop has a Model 37 in 16 Ga. Very light gun. Do the newer model 37s have only a single slide like this older one. It is in great shape, I should be able to get it for 175.00 out the door. Opinions???
Also, is it common for the serial number to be on the right side instead of the left side of the reciever? Very light engraving, almost looks like the serial number was hand engraved.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,720 Posts
First, some will hack on you for it being a 16 gauge. Not me, I love :loveydove my Model 31 Pump:)

I'm not sure about the single slide question. Ithica's are very good guns. 175 don't sound too bad. mabe a tad high

R.L .Wilson's call out Model 37 Field grade, various guages, takedown, plain @$75 fair, $150 V. Good, $350 excellent

Anything prior to 1968 did not require a S/N Depends on MFG I soppose. My Model 31 was made in the early 40's & Remington put one on there.

Good luck !

Shotguns Rule!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have one and love it. It is very light, and carries nice when hunting. I do not know a lot about them, but mine only has a single slide. Don't know about the serial numbers. The price sound fair to me. I have seen some 12 gauge versions around here for $200-$250. Go ahead and buy it, you can always sell it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts