It's a Tikka 91!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by texnmidwest, May 20, 2008.

1. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Well, the mystery of the 1891 Mosin has been solved! I took a another look at what I thought was an Izzy 1891 and found that it is a Tikka 91 1940 hex receiver. Mosin Rarity of 6! :09:

It is a mess and needs to be cleaned up before I can really tell what I have. But for 95 bucks I thought it be a good deal.

I also brought home an m38 laminated in a m38 stock. No pits and a great bore. Will post pics when I get a camera or find one.

2. Paper

Paper I can justify anything. Forum Contributor

Great huntin!!!

I, on the other hand, found the 3 boxes of 7mm Mag and 1 box of .300 Win Mag ammo I bought 3 weeks ago..

I need to get my stuff in order.. $100 worth of ammo and I couldn't find it in my own house, while you're wandering around, finding cool guns!!!

Grumble...

3. texnmidwest

Poor little paper. I will help you get your stuff in order for a couple beers and the use of your cleaning stuff. I got a couple Mosins to clean!!!

BTW, somewhere in my storage I have 100 rounds of 300 savage that I can't find either. :09:

4. Is good. Is Finn. Is good.

5. texnmidwest

Yep, this is the one I remembered as a 1944 Izzy 1891. Second look found it to be much more! It is pretty grungy and bolt needs to be polished. Looks like it has sat in someone's dusty basement for a long time. But little significant rust. The bore looked OK but dirty. Won't know what I really have until I get it cleaned up. I can't wait! AND a rarity of 6 for less than 100 bucks! :09:

6. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Good score...I need a Tikka for my collection !!!
    Rich

7. texnmidwest

Oh My! I have one Moose doesn't have?! Just pure bone luck on my part! I would also have a nice Enfield if the guy would take credit. Had limited cash on me.

8. marion57

marion57 G&G Newbie

send me your SKS Tex and I will find you a enfield LOL

9. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Oy Tikka Ab! Good one Tex!

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  10. texnmidwest

Marion if my SKS' were in a place where I could send them to anybody I would definitely consider it!

11. squirrelblaster

squirrelblaster G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

congrat thats a great find!

12. SwedeSteve

Tex is messin' with ya marion !!

13. texnmidwest

DON"T TELL HIM!!!! I had him going there for a minute.:09:

14. SwedeSteve

You tease, you! LOL!!

15. marion57

marion57 G&G Newbie

No you didnt you just thought this old guy would buy that line Tex if they were whre you could reach them they would be at the Range !!:hitwithrock:

16. texnmidwest

You got THAT right Mr. Marion! I was just waiting until I got paid to order some ammo. I have over 400 rounds that I can't get to so I have to buy more. I have an M38 and that new M91 to shoot!

17. SwedeSteve

Paper targets only !!

18. texnmidwest

Then what am I supposed to do with all these cantelope?

19. marion57

marion57 G&G Newbie

EAT em dippy LOL:hitwithrock:

20. texnmidwest

EAT EM???? They are out of season!!:09:
    Plus, I could not BELIEVE what they were saying about you and Steve! I punish fruit that talks bad about my friends.:rocketwhore: