close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

It's All Your Fault!!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Mico, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Mico

Mico G&G Newbie

Yes, I blame all of you for pointing out that the 91/30's were for sale at AIM, and for going on and on about how great AIM was with customer service. Well, I gave in and got one, and promptly had to build a new rack for all the long guns, bought more ammo, and have been outside playing with it ever since.

AUGH! Now my wife wonders when I'm coming to bed!

2. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    The best thing to do is just give in to it Fighting only makes it worse.

3. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Thank God there's no therapy except to buy more!!!!!!

4. Now I am not saying anything, but M44, Hummmmm

5. Shaun

Shaun G&G Newbie

This is an incurable situation now its time to let your wife catch the bug and you will never complain about all the new toys your buying

6. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    She buy's new fingernails
    I buy new rifles Thats fair isnt it?

7. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

It will get worse...

Mosans lead to the M44 Nagant aka the flame thrower...which leads to the CZ 52 then a few mausers that are "cheep"....then you finly come to the dark side and get your C&R FFL 03...(Only $30) finlay you order from companies useing a debit card..meet the truck before wife gets home and swear that youve had this rifle for years. Trust me on this....it would be cheeper to start smokeing crack than getting that first Mosan Nagant.... It to the point that the only way my wife can "excite me" is to wear a SOG flier with the Mosans showeing...heheheheheh:D :cool:

8. Maybe you should buy her one of those bumper stickers I keep seeing at gun shows............

"I got a gun for my wife......It was the best trade I ever made!"

(grin)

9. Mico

Mico G&G Newbie

Doglips...mua...MUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Do ALL us dogs know the same trick?? "Honey, I've ALWAYS had this gun!"

Oh, TOO funny!!!! Thanks for posting that.

10. Dear Mico,
    I know what you mean! Fortunately for me, my German genetics make it impossible to buy a gun that isnt in perfect/unissued condition. That means my only Mosin-Nagant (since selling my Finish M39) is my Polish M44.

God help me if someone uncovers a load of unissued M91 or 91/30s.....hehe

11. Mico

Mico G&G Newbie

God help us all if they do, herr Cranky-Kraut!

12. Bryan Williams

Bryan Williams G&G Newbie

Well Cranky, AIM Surplus has those M91/30's and M38's in Aresenal Refinish condition. Brand new even with matching bayonet for $128.. :D

13. Dear Bryan,
    Yes, I have seen them advertised in Shotgun News but I am not so eager to buy from AIM based upon the advice of my favorite local gun dealer and more importantly by an experience that a good friend of mine just had with them 2 or 3 weeks ago.
    My local dealer says that AIM has lots of "issues" relating to "condition grading" and for that reason he no longer buys from them although he does recommend other Shotgun News Dealers.
    Then, to further support his claims, my best buddy here ordered one of their "unissued" Albanian SKS rifles for almost $300 and ended-up with a damaged gun that needed repairs to be used due to damage.
    He returned the gun and did get his money back but only after being told on the phone by the Customer Service Rep "Do you realize that we have people that have been waiting for months for one of these? If I were you I would keep it and just take it to a local gunsmith for repair."
    Sorry, but when you pay $300 for an "unissued" gun it should not be damaged and definately should not require repair just to make it work safely.
    Their advertised 91/30s sound tempting but when I close my eyes and imagine what they may really look like......the concept of AIM describing them as "arsenal refinished" means to me......pretty wall-hanger with no rifling and held together with coat-hanger wire and cosmolene. Hahahaha
    Maybe Im being to harsh, and I personally have had no dealings with the company but I have yet to hear or see anything good from or about AIM.

14. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Mico, my shooting buddy actually used the "I've had it for years" line on his wife. Honest, I heard it! I thought she was smarter than that, but he does have a bunch of guns. I keep tellin' him, "get her that PTcruiser she wants, it's worth a lot of future Mausers and Mosins!"

15. Mico

Mico G&G Newbie

HA! Yes, Big Dog, I'm sure that line works... my wife is waaaaaaay too sharp for that, though. I usually have to say "It turned up on the doorstep, and it's way to cold for me to send it packing." If the PT cruiser was bult as good as the MN guns, THAT would be a car worth buying!

Cranky Kraut: Re: AIM. It might be that your bud got through to some idiot. It happens... all I can tell you is that mine showed up exactly as advertised, VERY carefully packed, and shipped as instructed. The bayo alone is cool as hell. I had no idea socket-type bayos were even made this late! And the gun is accurate as hell... 3 inch groups at 100 yards, and that's shooting standing without a rail or a bench. And I am not that good a shot.

I also noted that the 91/30's are gone from the AIM site again. Could be that they're gone already.

By the way... you guys getting the Russian Badge of Courage (Royal Order of the Red Star) over at Tapco? They're cool as hell and just the thing to hang alongside the Moisins.

16. Hi Mico,
    Im glad you got a good SKS from AIM. As I said above...I personally have never dealt with AIM but obviously when you hear only bad stuff it can scare one away. I know that my friend will never deal with them again but I REALLY would like to have one of their 91/30s if they really are in EXC condition both inside & out.

17. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

get her that PTcruiser she wants, it's worth a lot of future Mausers and Mosins!"

A $15,000 car for a $50 Mosan....That sont sound like such a fair trade to me....Now a Class 3 weapon...hummmmm

18. Mico

Mico G&G Newbie

CK: No, no, no, never got an SKS, I got a 91/30. The condition was fantastic, VERY strong grooves, very nice shooter. It's like getting the rifle for $90, the bayo for $30, and the extras for $10. Great deal. Wood was a little dinged up, but MAN what a nice gun. With the bayo on it it's nearly 6 feet!

Class 3, huh? >GRIN<

19. Bryan Williams

Bryan Williams G&G Newbie

hehe, now you got our ears perking up. We hear "Class 3" and its like ringing the dinner bell to pit bulls. Gettin a Class 3 would be to some like gettin the Holy Grail (maybe even better!) :D

20. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

sorry did not mean to tease you..ya a local store sells them and I visit often...probly got more time holding them now than if I actualy purchased one....Man I got to win that lottery.