It's hat time of the year again & then some ..

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by gsbuickman, Oct 19, 2020.

1. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Howdy howdy Guy's :usa:
    I know I'm a couple weeks late but it's that time of the year again. The leaves are starting to turn, the Fall colors are rolling in. The temperatures are dropping, the days are getting shorter & Egg Nog is back on the shelves and Wassail recipes are popping up and **** it's good stuff. Not to mention pumpkin spice everything :p ...

You can say I've been just a little bit sidetracked, or maybe a whole lot sidetracked, but the truth is I found out about something that blew me away and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I found out I've got a daughter and a granddaughter I didn't know about ;) . Needless to say something like that puts a lot of things in perspective real quick, wow. Now hat my mom knows and the initial wtf is over things are starting to settle down and this is a welcome distraction. Now I need to replace the 16in rise handlebars on my Putt, grab my chaps and get some therapy time in. Eggnog & Wassail are the last thing on my mind right now, and in a way it does suck cuz I really do like it ( with and without bourbon) so I just had to run down the Freddy's and I picked up a couple 2.5 gallons to get me started while I get me some wassail brewing on the stove and get the whole house smelling good kind of like those spicey pine cones ;) 20201018_223014.jpg

ChaZam, tnmedic, goat roper and 7 others like this.
  2. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

gsbuickman: Sir; what a teaser:) “found out” daughter n grand-daughter” :)
    We celebrate:)

keep the “cages” in there place; once the “bars” are adjusted:)

ChaZam, gsbuickman, TXplt and 2 others like this.

3. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

It's hat time of the year again & then some ..

Yes, it IS hat time! I have been wearing one for the last couple days, because it got a bit chilly in the early mornings. :D

ChaZam, gsbuickman, TXplt and 5 others like this.
  4. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Love egg nog!!

I wear a hat all year. Keeps my head warm in the winter and free from sun burn in the summer!!LOL!!

ChaZam, gsbuickman, neophyte and 4 others like this.
  5. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

My favorite since they came out. Might look (even more than usual) like an idiot, but man are they warm and comfy!

[​IMG]

ChaZam, gsbuickman, neophyte and 5 others like this.
  6. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Where's the ear holes? :p:D

7. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

It does look like an old football helmet doesn't it?

rando, ChaZam, gsbuickman and 3 others like this.
  8. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan G&G Evangelist

home
    Hat time all year pretty much for me. Lifeguarding and in the sun all day long up to 25 or so and I am just the top of the list for skin cancer now. By now I'm pretty much used to it and feels cold just to step out with out one.

I've got all kinds of hats, laying around every where. I could start a hat farm and a coat farm to for that matter and I really hardly ever even wear a real coat any more.

9. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Used to wear a hat or cap all the time, but now just a straw hat when working in the yard. If it gets cold this winter, may dust off my old felts.:)

10. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Do they make one that has openings for your big ears or do you have to stuff them inside the hat? :D

11. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    I wear hats all the time, though less so since I have been forced to wear face masks. I have good masks courtesy of ncnascarlady, but they are held in place by elastic hair bands that run across my head; I cannot abide the feeling of the loops over my ears. But the straws have been retired, and my Stetsons and Borsalinos are back on the shelf ready for use, along with a wool and suede baseball cap and a black beret with Merchant Marine insignia that replaces one I've had for decades that had the sweatband wear out. That last, I mostly wear helping Junior with his homework because he needs to wear a hat to keep the hair out of his eyes when he is using the computer, for solidarity. (I use the beret, he uses a bowler like a good little droogie.)

ChaZam, neophyte and gsbuickman like this.
  12. gsbuickman

ChaZam and neophyte like this.
  13. gsbuickman

Ha ha,
    That it may be bro, however it's Carhartt, good stuff and warm. I do have a nice thinsulate beanie I like this time of the year and you have to admit the red and black plaid hats like Elmer Fudd likes are kool, as are the Russian ones. While I'm thinking about it I don't know if y'all follow his YouTube channel or not but I need to check with Mike's militaria and see what all he has in stock since he posted some new YouTube videos I haven't had a chance to watch yet.

14. Kellen

Kellen G&G Evangelist

The best natural material for a hat (and other winter apparel) is vicuña. But man, that stuff is incredibly expensive! The next best natural material is alpaca (a species related to vicuña), at a much more reasonable price. Last hat I got was from Alpacas of Montana. I'd recommend them. Found their gray and orange "windstopper" hat perfect for hunting and similar outdoor activities. And no, I'm not affiliated with them, just giving them a shout-out in case other GNG folks are interested in a quality product like that.

neophyte and ChaZam like this.