close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mossberg I've been trying to hate this but can't...

Discussion in 'Mossberg' started by beardedjesse, Feb 17, 2014.

1. beardedjesse

beardedjesse G&G Addict Forum Contributor

Mossberg & Sons | 27731

Just wondered if anyone has had an opportunity to handle one of these in person yet? Mossberg's website says its available in 5.56 and 7.62...I've been wanting to get something that's semi-auto I can use for hunting purposes. Nothing against a good ol' bolt action hunting rifle but due to some nerve damage, I have trouble working a bolt action with precision. Auto-loaders are easier for me to use in that way. These also advertise AR15-esque magazine capacity/magazine options (not for hunting purposes obviously). That would be more for turning money into noise at the range. I really like the look of the rifle a lot too. Looks a lot like a Mini14/Mini30. Hopefully, these Mossbergs are more accurate shooting guns than the Ruger M-Series rifles. I'm going to probably try to find one here locally to go look at as well as reading some reviews but just thought I would share.

2. lynxpilot

lynxpilot Constitutionalist Forum Contributor

Ava, MO
    the link goes to a bolt.

3. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

When I click on thelink it goes to a Mossberg MVP rifle.

4. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/mossberg/147656-mvp-first-impressions-range-report.html

^ PSLMAN has one.

http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/mossberg/143373-mossberg-mvp-223-a.html

^ And srt 10 jimbo has one...

5. beardedjesse

beardedjesse G&G Addict Forum Contributor

6. Ballbearing

Ballbearing G&G Evangelist

The Ruger Scout Rifle platform is catching on apparently.

7. Whitedevil84

Whitedevil84 G&G Regular

I would love to try one out chambered in 7.62. Has any one had a chance to put their hands on one yet?

8. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

That's what I was waiting on. Gonna have to keep my eye out for one of these babes.

9. MosinRuger

MosinRuger G&G Evangelist

I have loved the mvp predator since they came out with them. I really like the patrol model on FDE color. the thing i like about the patrol model is the fixed sights, thats the only drawback to the predator series, no irons.

10. aaplayer

aaplayer G&G Regular

Got to handle the mvp flex and a patrol today. I wouldn't mind the patrol stock with the 18 inch barrel. They didn't have any of the factory scoped but the iron sights were nice on the patrol. If I can get a sale or a little extra windfall I think the patrol may be my next purchase.

Posted From Gun & Game Mobile!

11. uh, that's a bolt not a semiauto??? Im so confused.

If Mossberg made one in x39 and taking AK mags, I would buy one. No real reason, but I would want one. lol

12. deadzero

deadzero G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

All the Mossberg MVP rifles are bolt action, patrol, predator... all of them.
    Mossberg doesn't make a semi auto centerfire.

The MVP was based on their 4x4 rifle.

The MVP (Mossberg Varmint Predator) still has me scratchin my head over the new "Patrol" rifle name. so they seem to be calling it a varmint/ patrol rifle?? (MVP Patrol)

So besides that, I don't understand the OP either...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  13. deadzero

deadzero G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Well I'll be...

Checked their website and it's on there.

Not in any of my catalogs at work yet.

I stand corrected, thank you..

I learned something new, so the day wasn't wasted after all ;)

P.S. I'm only seeing the new MMP AR format in 5.56

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014