close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Iver Johnson .22

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Klaus, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I just got a like-new Iver Johnson US Carbine. I think it was made in the early 80s. It says it was made in West Germany, so I think it is probably from Erma. Anyone know about this rifle? It has a beautiful stock, looks like mahogany. The machining is very nice, too.

2. DANA

DANA G&G Newbie

BLUE BOOK

TWENTY THIRD EDITION
    .22 CAL US CARBINE IVER JOHNSON 22LR OR 22MAG 18 1/2 IN BARREL, EXCEPT FOR MAG 19.3 IN 5LBS 15 SHOT MAG SLING SWIVELS MFG IN GERMANY ERMA 1985-1986 REINTRODUCED 1988 ONLY 100%$150 98% $120 95% $110 90% $100 80% $90 70% $85 60% $80 FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH. ANOTHER OF ERMAS 22 CREATIONS SOMETINES NOT ALWAYS THE BEST OF MATERIALS OR OPERATION. I.E. 22 STOGER LUGER.

DANA

3. Jay

Jay Old man, No tact... Staff Member Forum Contributor

4. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

The Blue book is incorrect, in lumping the .22 LR and .22WMR together. The rifles are quite different. The .22 LR is a blowback. The .22 WMR is actually gas operated! I have the manuals (4 pages) for both, most parts are not interchangeable.

5. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Congrats, Klaus. I had one once, and regretted getting rid of it. Mine had a weak spring, but I was able to insert some washers and increase the tension for reliable function. Magazines are available from a vendor in Shotgun news, but they ain't cheap!
    It's a neat little plinker, about as accurate as any .22 carbine. Mine did not like Winchester ammo, though. Too flat a tip to feed. It did well with Federal and Reminton. If you scope it, mount the scope a bit high, otherwise the ejected brass may bounce down into the action and cause jams.
    I have seen a couple here in gunshow, but they ask $250! I paid $150 for mine, and thought it a bit high. I'll get another if I can find one reasonably priced. Heck, I can get a .30 Carbine for $250-300. Have fun!

6. Carbine Lover

Carbine Lover G&G Newbie

Need parts for Iver Johnson 22LR Carbine

I have had an Iver Johnson 22 LR carbine for some time and have recently decided to repair it and refinish the stock. I need the slide bolt, recoil spring, and rod plus the upper part of the stock. Can any one help me to locate these parts or tell me where I can get what I need. It would be very helpful if I can also locate a manual on it. Mine was also made in West Germany. I would appreciate anyone's assistance

Last edited: Jun 28, 2006
  7. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

you realize you dug up a 4 yr old post?! for parts i'd give numerich a try. they usually have lots of old junk.

8. Carbine Lover

Carbine Lover G&G Newbie

Didn't bother to notice how old the previous post was. As far as the parts I need do you consider my carbine ...JUNK?:target: Just exactly who are you referring to when you mentioned as to where to look as they had a lot of junk!

9. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

easy, you can find the parts on your own!

10. menlo

menlo G&G Newbie

Carbine Lover,
    Parts for this gun are hard to come by, especially the ones you are looking for. I too have one of these little gems and have been looking for a complete rear sight assembly. If you decide to give up your search and are willing to sell parts off your gun please let me know. Otherwise good luck and I will let you know if I find what you are looking for.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted