Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently visited a Japanese Army base, and got to try out their gear, check out their weapons and there armor SP guns and aircraft.

There fatigues have loops on the back for inserting camouflage (they looked like big pen holders).

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Kool , hope you had fun and scored a goodie bag to take home in the process :) ..

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
We got some official camouflaged handkerchiefs for Christmas presents for the nephews, and a camo training shirt and quick dry cami pants for for my boy. There is only 1 base in Japan you can visi for each of the armed forces. It’s more like a recruiting post. The reactive armor on their lates MBT is impressive. The Naval Base you can visit is in Hiroshima.

No funny painted vehicles, they go by the books and seem to go extreme on camouflage (which I think hampers your mobility, but hey - it looks cool).

They dive have the FN SCAR 5.56 NATO SAW ( M249), and a light light machinegun i did not recognize on display. Flack jackets and plate insert vests, a typical pack load and an expedition load and an airborne load, helmets and gear and you could try it all on and it was fun. You could even borrow an official Army Utilty shirt and hat for your visit and they have children’s sizes too!

Well besides bringing people who visit from overseas to eat whale, the best sushi and to onsen baths, I plan to bring them to this Army Base also. For more active folks I bring them mountain climbing over 3,000 meters and camp so we can see all the stars and watch the sunset from above the clouds and a spectacular view of Mt. Fuji. They have lodges along many of the climbing routes where you can buy water and bottled drinks (saves on weight) and use the restroom (beats carrying a shovel, and poopoo bags).

I get in a train for an hour and I am at the beach (ocean swimming), in the mountains (climb and skii, at the river (white water rafting, kayaking, canyoning and shower climbing). It’s all good, 1-3 hour filigree gets me to the tropics, for some sea kayaking, and swimming out to the drop offs).

Maybe that is why I live here.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,366 Posts
Japan is cool. (Except the lack of guns)
Lived in Okinawa for 2 yrs and traveled all over the main land.

I’d like to hear more about it as it’s been a while.

·
Registered
19,593 Posts
We got some official camouflaged handkerchiefs for Christmas presents for the nephews, and a camo training shirt and quick dry cami pants for for my boy. There is only 1 base in Japan you can visi for each of the armed forces. It’s more like a recruiting post. The reactive armor on their lates MBT is impressive. The Naval Base you can visit is in Hiroshima.

No funny painted vehicles, they go by the books and seem to go extreme on camouflage (which I think hampers your mobility, but hey - it looks cool).

They dive have the FN SCAR 5.56 NATO SAW ( M249), and a light light machinegun i did not recognize on display. Flack jackets and plate insert vests, a typical pack load and an expedition load and an airborne load, helmets and gear and you could try it all on and it was fun. You could even borrow an official Army Utilty shirt and hat for your visit and they have children’s sizes too!

Well besides bringing people who visit from overseas to eat whale, the best sushi and to onsen baths, I plan to bring them to this Army Base also. For more active folks I bring them mountain climbing over 3,000 meters and camp so we can see all the stars and watch the sunset from above the clouds and a spectacular view of Mt. Fuji. They have lodges along many of the climbing routes where you can buy water and bottled drinks (saves on weight) and use the restroom (beats carrying a shovel, and poopoo bags).

I get in a train for an hour and I am at the beach (ocean swimming), in the mountains (climb and skii, at the river (white water rafting, kayaking, canyoning and shower climbing). It’s all good, 1-3 hour filigree gets me to the tropics, for some sea kayaking, and swimming out to the drop offs).

Maybe that is why I live here.
Some friends of mine were nearly arrested for jumping down Mount Fuji. Apparently the ash is so thick that you can jump 50 feet at a time without getting hurt. He said with a little practice they could almost run down it like they were bouncing on the moon.

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have lived and worked here for 15 years.

Thinking of moving back to the states, but it is tricky when you have children. Not sure where is good to move to, but thinking it over. Have a rifle I want to get for hunting. I was a bow hunter from High school, but want to use a rifle, I am better at shooting, and do not want to track and chase with a bow (done that all too often).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts