Jeep disasemble/reasemble in > 4 min

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by TACAV, Sep 14, 2010.

1. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Billy, since you are the forum old school Jeep man I figured you especially might find some entertainment in this video along with the rest of the forum.
    Canadian army soldiers from the 3 Area Support Group (3ASG) Technical Services Division stationed at CFB Gagetown strip and rebuild a Willys MB US Army Jeep in under four minutes during a local army services parade in Halifax.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVnRcbtBh8c&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Canadian army disassembles and reassemables Jeep in under 4 min[/ame]

2. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Cool. Speed handles are great

3. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

obviously a set-up, no rusted bolts!!!!!!!

a great video, thanks. wonder if billy is getting ideas.:35:

4. It takes me longer than that usually to rotate my tires lol.

5. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    They make it look so easy. But as Papa G says, obviously no rusted, stripped or cross-threaded bolts; No frozen parts; and I bet they have a hundred hours of practice so every squaddie knows what his job is for each phase of the disassembly and the reassembly.

Still, it's remarkable to watch.

6. 99dragon99

99dragon99 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

So THAT is what happened to my car!

7. BarryHalls

BarryHalls G&G Evangelist

Gone are the days when machines were made to be worked on wherever you felt like, with nothing more than the manual and a tool box.

Makes me a little sick. I'd give anything to be able to break down my Ford like that.

8. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Those guys took that car totally apart faster than I could change a tire. Obviously, "practice makes perfect", and no doubt they were the fastest of all the candidates to be on that team. It was still an amazing feat and I really enjoyed watching their coordination.

9. rondog

rondog G&G Evangelist

That's actually an M38A1, like 1954-later, not a WWII MB. But anyway, cool to watch, but that poor Jeep doesn't have any fasteners holding it together, or coolant in the radiator. It's been cursed to live the rest of its life for this nonsense, instead of doing Jeep things.

Sorry, but to me old Jeeps should be preserved, used and enjoyed, like old guns.

10. Well ****! I wish my Jeep was that easy to work on! 3 weeks at the best mechanics in town and they still haven't even been able to DIAGNOSE the problem...

11. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

^ Ha-Ha !! Sometime ya just need a good ol "shadetree mechanic".