Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
7,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So! I took apart my J22for the first time. I stripped the oil, got it facorty clean, touched up the blue, lengthed out/evened out the feed ramp polished it, throated the chamber, got it back together. It goes click when I dry fire. Looks and feels like a totally different gun!

I have an extra spring. . . . .

Its a TEEEEEEENY wittle one. I took of the grips, slide, mage release, safety, and trigger.

I got in the mag release spring, trigger spring, main spring, striker spring. . . It all seems to work as well as before. . . . What am I missing?!

HALP!

· Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
Aw, Barry, triggers are over rated. Just super glue that firing pin forward and load 'er up and have fun. Just make sure ya don't load more than one round at a time unless ya have multiple targets! LOL! :09::AR15firing:

· Registered
7,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its a jennings, stick it in the biggest vise you can find and crush it.

It was a gift, it's my smallest gun, my only .22 pistol, and I honestly think I can get it to function well. It already feeds MUCH MUCH MUCH better. I think beefing up the ejector, perhaps an extra spring, or a slight bend, will solve it's little woes.

I don't expect it to be a SIG, but I think I can make it work for snakes and rats, perhaps a squirrel.

· Premium Member
23,785 Posts
its a jennings, stick it in the biggest vise you can find and crush it.
Blasphmous Devil!!!!! is not the least of the breathern deserved of the same treatment as the greatest?

BarryHalls: here is a great site dealing with many of the alledged junk guns. it is informative, helpful, and tell it like it is. you may find many answers to any questions for your J22.
bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com :: Index

· Registered
1,613 Posts
I've owned a j22 for about 18 years and never had a malfunction, my brother has it now and never a malfunction. the only ammo we feed it is cci round nose.

· Registered
7,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've tried every ammo I could get my hands on, NO DICE! NEVER more than 3 rounds without a stovepipe or a failure to feed. WELL, I've got the failure to feed fixed. ON to the stovepipe!

· Registered
7,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Blasphmous Devil!!!!! is not the least of the breathern deserved of the same treatment as the greatest?
BarryHalls: here is a great site dealing with many of the alledged junk guns. it is informative, helpful, and tell it like it is. you may find many answers to any questions for your J22.
bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com :: Index

PREACH ON BROTHER!

Thanks for the link!

· Registered
1,613 Posts
pretty sure it's number 29, thanks again for the diagram!
your welcome. on fte check the ejector and make sure it's square, it's not hardened steel it may be @ a slight upward angle or worn @ the tip. Also, the ammo needs to be high or hyper velocity, the slide on that jewel is quite heavy.

· Registered
7,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Didn't put the spring back in. Can't get the pin out! :boggled:

Shoots good though, no failures to feed. Ejects fine while firing, REFUSES TO EJECT while working the action by hand, no matter how fast I pull. I'm a little confused. . . It works well without the spring. . . The trigger feels fine, functions well. I'll try to get it out again, later. For now I'm just excited that it goes bang!

· I can justify anything.
4,879 Posts
perhaps a squirrel.
Ah memories..

I had a J22 for shooting raccoons in traps.. One day while checking traps there was a fat red squirrel in a crotch of a tree, about 10 yards from me... I shot both clips I had with me, loaded another and managed to miss with all 18 shots..

Finally the squirrel got tired of all the racket and wandered off.. I couldn't reload the second clip because I was laughing so hard!!

Heck, I had a hard enough time shooting a raccoon in the head at 5', let alone hitting a squirrel at 15'.. I'm pretty sure I would have been better off throwing the pistol at the squirrel.. :)

· Registered
1,613 Posts
Barry, before ya get to happy, check to see if you have a spring in the wrong spot, I can't see the sear working with out a spring. Maybe the extractor spring is under the sear, worth a look see. If it is, could cause a misfire or multi fire at the most inopportune time. Could also clear up your hand cycle. I did a few boo boo's the first few times I took mine down.

· Registered
7,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DONE! Got the spring back in, number 29! Thanks all! TOUGH to get the trigger back in with it. Had to have my wife for a third hand. She still feels cheap, but I love the little fart. It's gonna be good to have around. Gonna take it deer huntin, maybe she'll bring home a rabbit!

· Premium Member
24,548 Posts
DONE! Got the spring back in, number 29! Thanks all! TOUGH to get the trigger back in with it. Had to have my wife for a third hand. She still feels cheap, but I love the little fart. It's gonna be good to have around. Gonna take it deer huntin, maybe she'll bring home a rabbit!

Darn, Barry, had to reread your post a couple of times-I thought you were talking about your wife for a minute!!LOL!!

· Registered
8,553 Posts
Never ever crush any gun...an old non-useful gun will always make a great paper weight, wall display, stocking stuffer....whatever. Not to mention the fantastic wild and crazy story you can attach to it...that's how urban legends are made. <wink>

Barry, it sounds that you like the little beater but when you go hunting with it, please take a back-up with you...always take a back-up anyway when you go into the woods...period...lol

Is yours a Bryco-Jennings or just Jennings?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts