Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone watched any of this series? It's a post-apocalyptical tale of a town in Kansas following a nuclear attack on 23 cities on the US mainland. I have not watched it and it appears that they are the only survivors of this attack.

Anyway, I'm always looking for a good watch or read involving the apocalypse. Anyone seen it?

Clothing Jeans Footwear Trousers Shoe

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Has anyone watched any of this series? It's a post-apocalyptical tale of a town in Kansas following a nuclear attack on 23 cities on the US mainland. I have not watched it and it appears that they are the only survivors of this attack.

Anyway, I'm always looking for a good watch or read involving the apocalypse. Anyone seen it?

View attachment 180085
I've seen it, least most of it. Its pretty good, though some situations are the characters face are questionable at best.

But, if your willing to look beyond what "common sense" would be thought of by regular people, its not a bad watch.

Far better then "The Walking Dead" scenarios...

·
Registered
23,102 Posts
Ironically, they used a liberal college town called Lawrence, Ks as a basis for that show.
They do that in nearly every apocalyptic show, at least at the beginning. I guess liberal writers like to fantasize that they would be able to survive.

A few examples:
Falling Skies - Boston
Daybreak - Glendale, California
Walking Dead - Atlanta
Fear the Walking Dead - Los Angeles
Walking Dead: World Beyond - a college town in Nebraska
Into the Badlands - primarily Colorado
Y: The Last Man - D.C.
Revolution - A college town in North Carolina
Dominion - Las Vegas
The Stand - Las Vegas
Van Helsing - Denver
12 Monkeys - Philadelphia
Defiance - St. Louis
V - "major cities"
The Strain - New York City

·
Registered
352 Posts
They do that in nearly every apocalyptic show, at least at the beginning. I guess liberal writers like to fantasize that they would be able to survive.

A few examples:
Falling Skies - Boston
Daybreak - Glendale, California
Walking Dead - Atlanta
Fear the Walking Dead - Los Angeles
Walking Dead: World Beyond - a college town in Nebraska
Into the Badlands - primarily Colorado
Y: The Last Man - D.C.
Revolution - A college town in North Carolina
Dominion - Las Vegas
The Stand - Las Vegas
Van Helsing - Denver
12 Monkeys - Philadelphia
Defiance - St. Louis
V - "major cities"
The Strain - New York City
The original Omega Man with Charles Heston. (Blush) I have to also admit loving Logan's Run as a kid (the movie not that thing they called a series). It might have had to do with the female costumes. I was still hibernating in my room with the Sears catalog's lingerie section at the time.

·
Registered
23,102 Posts
The original Omega Man with Charles Heston. (Blush) I have to also admit loving Logan's Run as a kid (the movie not that thing they called a series). It might have had to do with the female costumes. I was still hibernating in my room with the Sears catalog's lingerie section at the time.
Pretty much every version of the "I am legend" story takes place in L.A. except the Will Smith version set in New York; the book, The Omega Man, The Last Man on Earth, and several ripoffs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts