close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Jerry, what is that thang?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Dale, Mar 31, 2002.

1. Jerry, I am now very curious as to what that device shown in your avatar is. To tell the truth I can't make it out and I'm assuming it has some connection to firearms, shooting, etc. My wife says it looks like a Vienna Sausage maker......I scowled at her fer ya.

Serious, mind sharing what it is?

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

looks like to me the business end of a 20mm gataling gun. course it might also be a meat grinder. both have the same effect:eek: :eek: :D

3. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Looks like a 20 mm chain gun. About 2000 rounds per minute at 2000 fps. Sometimes shoots uranium ammo.

4. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

That would be cranking it by hand, if memory serves me right, the M61, 20mm, turned up to 6,000 rpm. and when mounted in a plane, the 720 rounds it carried didn't last long. Sounds like a Dragster taking off.

5. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Sirs,
    One each GAU-8/A Avenger 30MM seven barrel gun with 1174 rounds. Business end of the OA/A-10.
    N-Joy

6. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Well, the 30 sure looks like a 20. They are very similar. I have seen a lot of the 20s on ships as part of the phalanx CIWS.

7. azeeb

azeeb G&G Newbie

I'm pretty sure the 30 mm can only get about 3000 rounds per min. That's only 50 per second ;)

8. Thats one fine gun

Howdy,

I am sure there are many an ex-enemy tank that have no worries about the effectiveness of the gatlin gun on a Warthog only shooting 50 rounds per second.

Ever hear one of them being fired? It is one sweet sound as an A-10 roars overhead and lays waste to enemy artillery.:D

9. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    ex-tanks, a couple of helicopters (1st air to air kill for hog, Storm)
    trucks, a guy on a bycycle (could have been a messenger) & an occasional errant camel.