Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im going on a cruise in january with the g/f so ive gotta save up for that but when i get back ima finally get a new pistol and im down to the judge or the pt92.now honestly other then it looks awsome and all my friends want one, plus its a 10 on the cool factor i really cant think of a pratical reason to get one, i use a 1911 for a ccw and a truck gun so i dont need it for self defense purposes but on the other hand i camp and hike alot so it would be good for snakes and other pesky vermin one would encounter deep in the woods.
the pt92 on the other hand, i shoot alot at the range and im ive been in the market for a new range toy in the 9mm flavor which would get lots of use. ive shot one a few times before and loved it which someone might say hey if u like that style go for a beretta but ive shot my friends 92fs alot too and there both about the same in terms of performence so ill save a extra 200 bucks and spend it on ammo lol.
so yeah im in a pickle:eek5:, a really cool hand cannon:handgun: that would look good in my holster and safe vs a stainless highcap lead flinger:love: that just looks good anyway

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have no experience with the Judge, but I have had a PT92 for about 8 or 9 years, and I have never had a problem with it. It is my main defensive weapon. I have shot it plenty and had very very few "failure to feed's" over the years, which has give me plenty of confidence that it will perform well when needed.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
If you have a 1911, then why get another 1911 style handgun? I would go for the Judge seeing that it fills a niche that you are lacking. And, its not very practical to use rat shot in an auto loader. Snakes beware!!!

·
Registered
10,893 Posts
Judge :D

Keep a few buckshot shells on hand in case you accidently spot a deer/hog close up ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i was all set to get a judge but someone broke into my truck and took my feg 9x18 so now im leaning toward the pt 92 just because of ammo prices, funny enough though i was at academy when it happend i was in mabey 10 mins and someone busted my window out and took it from the glove box, even worse there was no cameras in that part of the parking lot however the cop that took my statement was very helpful and understanding

·
Registered
195 Posts
well i was all set to get a judge but someone broke into my truck and took my feg 9x18 so now im leaning toward the pt 92 just because of ammo prices, funny enough though i was at academy when it happend i was in mabey 10 mins and someone busted my window out and took it from the glove box, even worse there was no cameras in that part of the parking lot however the cop that took my statement was very helpful and understanding

man that blows im sorry to hear you got robbed by some low life POS, if i were you id go with the judge too just because i want one for my hiking and camping needs lol but itll be later, its either gonna be that or that serbu shotty that is a"destructive weapon"

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Go on and buy the Judge with 3" chamber if your a Camper and a Hiker.

You can buy a CZ-82 9X18 that is resonably priced later to replace the Feg 9X18 if you wanna.

Have your gun dealer to check Sports South llc which is a supplier to gun dealers.
They have Judges special priced right now.

·
Registered
10,893 Posts
I've posted this on other forums, but Non-standard welded-in lockboxes are the BEST way to store weapons in a pickup truck/SUV/car.

First lockbox I ever had was in a cab, where I had one built into the trunk on the wheelwell
of a Crown Vic as a drop safe.
After that, it made sense to weld one in to every vehicle I own...keeps cash/guns/etc safe from scum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts