close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Jurassic Park gun

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

What would you get if you were going to an island infested with dinosaurs ? :rolleyes: :fuss: :rolleyes:

2. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

A better travel agent. Guess 600 Nitro express with JHP and +P ammo.

3. johno

johno G&G Newbie

FAL/M1A It may not be the most powerful round availible, but i'm planning for something like the movies. 12ga slug or high power rifle would be more effective against one dinosaur, but for an island infested with them i would take the FAL/M1A for these reasons. a high mag capacity, rapid reload capabilty, cofortable weight and recoil and the .308 is a reasonalby powered round, and i could carry a lot of it. i'd be planning on doing a lot of shooting, and in my opinion those are the best rifles for the situation and target. also nice to have something that can mount a bayonet. if i run out of ammo i'm going down, but i'm taking one of those *******s with me.
    If i could take a side arm as well, i'd go with a 1911. again not the most powerful, but in my opinion the best suited for fending of a large number of attackers.

4. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

If it was just what I could carry, A franchi streetsweeper 12 ga semi auto with at least 5 30 round drums, a barrett 50 bmg semi auto, tactical grade with at least 5 clips, a desert eagle in 50 AE with at least 5 clips, and a pair of Grendel P-30s with at least 8 thirty round clips. Also all the ammo I could pack after that. Good thing I'm 6'6" and weigh 260 lbs.

For a mobile platform, the APCs that the National Guard uses, the ones with the eight foot 25mm cannon and the 50 bmg atop the cupola and the two inboard screws and the armor plating. Yeah, that'd work. Now to go find a pot big enough to roast something in.

Oh yeah, I want one of those rambo knives, too. I hear those things are tough to skin and dress out.

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Where do you come up with these questions!? Since we're in fantasy land I would want a super duper dinosaur pooper scooper triple strength triple triton plasma gun with the fuzzy dice and the little doggie in the back who's head goes up and down!!! :joker:

6. johno

johno G&G Newbie

call me crazy, but i'd actually thought of the question before he posted it. hence the long response above.

7. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Just trying to pick y'alls brains, besides y'all love posting responses....Tell me I'm wrong

8. NRAJOE

Yes I guess we're all a little weird , thats why they call us gun nuts!!

9. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

A Mini-Gun sounds appropriate enough........

10. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I wouldn't want to carry a minigun...But, I'd rather carry it than get eaten. I would have to use my pump shotgun and hide alot (I would pray for a chopper & settle for flechette rounds)

11. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

The nearly complete absence of firearms in the Jurassic Park movies always struck me as absurd. Also odd, especially in JP 3 was the way that the big dinosaurs would rapidly regenerate and heal what should be mortal wounds. Plus, no matter how many people or other dinosaurs they eat, they always are hunting. I would take my .50 DE for defence, wear some kind of chain mail type armor, and stick to wooded areas. At least that's what I did last time, and it worked well.

12. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Logansdad, I wouldn't want to carry it, either. Then again, I wouldn't want to be on an island full of dinosaurs.
    Klaus, do you think a Ghillie suit would suffice?

13. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i would take a stronge sleeping pill and go back to sleep and hope it is a dream. barret 50 semi would do me if the bulett don't kill em then the bang should run them away. oh and two hand grenades so when i am in his belly i just pull them rings and ( he gets one hell of a prehistoric case of acid reflux

14. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

LAW rockets, lot's of LAW rockets! And maybe an old M16 Halftrack with the Emerson Quad-fifty turret. Or as long as we're dreaming, give me a Marauder suit from the "Roughnecks" CGI video series. What works on giant bugs ought to work on big lizards, too.

:flame:

15. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Something about JP3 didn't make sense. First, does that Barrett 20mm semi-auto actually exist? I thought they only made them in 50 BMG. Next, wouldn't a 20mm kill that big spinosaur? I heard several shots fired but it kept after him and ate him.

As far as guns in the JP movies, I they had a rack of Franchi SPAS-12s in JP1, an HK MSG-90 and big bore double barreled rifle in JP2, and that cannon in JP3. In JP3, Dr Grant asks if the kid has any weapons. Presumably, the 20mm cannon was lost, destroyed, or eaten by the spinosaur.

But as far as what I would want... Remember the "Magnum Battle Rifle" concept of a 338 or 375 caliber rifle using BAR magazines? I may try it some day...

Oh man, I have way too much time on my hands.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2002
  16. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

I'll take the barret M82a1 50 with about 10 mags and many cases of tracer and ap ammo

17. johno

johno G&G Newbie

won't do you much good in the jungle. too heavy to carry, and too slow to change targets.

18. NRAJOE

We're in fantasy land...nothings heavy in fantasy land!!!!

19. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

My Winchester shotgun isn't heavy

20. NRAJOE

He ain't heavy, hes my brudda!!