Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,868 Posts
There's an easy fix if you forget something or it doesn't work...you become a spectator or wild life admirer. Some days you fish, some days you cut bait.
Had a very good friend that used to compete at Camp Perry, carried everything out to his spot, started getting ready and discovered he forgot to bring his ammo. He said he carried everything back to his car and took a seat in the stands.
Other unexpected unforseen situations: My daughter headed down to South Central Ohio to a friends property and got to her tree stand and climbed up at 0-Dark 30. Didn't see anything and called it a day early, pulled the SD card out of her trail cam, inserted a new one and headed home. After reviewing the photos, a black bear had taken residence very close to her tree stand becaue there was just photos of the bear on the memory card. We headed back to retrieve her tree stand a month later and and found the den about 25 yards away. She doesn't hunt that property any longer.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
SORRY GANG, I LIED! I said ALL my rifles had back up sights but I forgot that the Ruger 77 I inherited from my father doesn't until I saw View attachment 171597
this picture again. it IS the only one without irons though.
I have irons on all of my deer Guns except one, actually the one I am using most now, a 257 Weatherby Vanguard. I have them mm on a 300 Weatherby Mark v Deluxe. To add rifle sights to the Mark V it costs an extra $588.00 plus shipping. Ouch. But they sure look nice on that upscale gun.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts