Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my AR15 and after a little bit of handling, I have some questions. I've never owned an AR before so I don't know what's good or bad. My Eagle Arms is an EA lower and an upper that I guess I can't identify yet. when I hold my AR I can slightly wiggle the two parts with my hands....is this normal? Is it supposed to be totally snug or is there normally some give? Any help on this would be great, also any other helpful hints for a fellow AR owner would also be a little more to ask for from me, but if anyone is feeling generous and doesn't mind pouring their knowledge into a post....I won't stop you. Thanks for everything guys!

-Ryan

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, the screws on this rifle are of a size of allen key that I have never seen before! Is there a special size for a rifle? Should it have come with my rifle for maintenence or something?

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Most AR's that I have shot have a little play between upper and lower.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you have excessive wiggle there is a small rubber device you install called an Accu-Wedge. If the rifle is as accurate as you could hope for, I wouldn't waste the money. There is probably some wiggle as you could never separate upper and lower if there wasn't. I'll check my EA M15A4 tonight to be sure. Mine shoots like a house on fire. I have installed an Ultradot red dot sight, and I love it.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
A little play is Ok... the advice given above is solid....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Beautiful. Thanks a lot ther guys. Much appreciated. Good to hear that some one like EA. I haven't had a chance to shoot mine yet. :( I'll get there. Thanks again.

-Ryan

·
Registered
277 Posts
mine had very little movement between the upper & lower, but i went ahead & installed an accuwedge; good & tight now, i like the solid feel, couldn't tell much in the way of better accuracy although it is supposed to help.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My EA M15A4 w/an Ultradot shoots to point of aim at 25m, and therefore, 250m. Sweet rifle. Runs through South African surplus without a hiccup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts