close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just bought a New Toy Quiz time and Photo's

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Stock Doc, May 22, 2002.

1. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Well went to take photo's for a friend and sell his rifle. Darn it he let me hold it to long and after I took about 50 photo's of all the finer points we worked a deal and she came home with me. Heres a few pics of my new favorite Garand with a T.E. of .5 Yes that is less than a one. It is absolutely mint with some handling wear and if 500 rounds went through it I would be amazed. What is it folks? Rick B

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2002
  2. D A N M ! ! ! ! Rick that is a GREAT find. Does your wife know you're having an affair? And to bring her home, right under her nose. How much? $500, plus building a deck or what? Any history? There's no wear in the op rod channel. Again, Great find! That beats my 03-A3 Smith Corona garage sale find, in unissed condition purchased from the NRA in 1960 still in cosmoline and in the original shipping box.

3. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Details in a bit but look at this I was given this a few years ago. I know the original owner and he bought it from the NRA/DCM around 1914. It is 100% original. I have gotten lucky a few times. RIck B

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Great rifling picture. Do you use a SLR 35mm camera or a digital camera? One day i'll figure how to post pictures or I'll ask the 9 year old neighbor kid.
    When people ask me how many guns I have, I reply,"more than one".

5. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

I use a Olympus Digital D360-L It is great for close ups but can get fuzzy when you take far away photo's. It has worked great for the 3 years I have had it. Get that camera going and share those pic's. Thats the best part of having these. Rick B

6. SteveG

SteveG G&G Newbie

Omaha
    Hey Rick, is that M1 a Gas trap? Or is the sn too high?

Just wondering.

Steve G

7. DocCombat

DocCombat G&G Newbie

FBNC
    Rick, The queen called and said she wants her garand back...... Nice London proof marks.
    A guard at the tower of London set it down for a moment for a spot of tea and it was gone.... **** Yanks!
    Does it have the red homeguard stripe? I am very jealous!
    Nice find.

8. Great rifle, Rick. I have a #335652 - unfortunately, the only "original" part is the receiver. I thought maybe the barrel date was a little late for your receiver, but I guess it's within the '0-3 month' rule.

Any Broad Arrows on your rifle?

SteveG - no, not a Gas Trap - the last Gas Traps had s/n @ 50XXX.

I positive drool over your 1903 - still my favorite rifle..

9. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Acording to Scott Duff's book it is correct for November of 1941. What bok did you look at for the date/barrel configuration? The 03 is way better looking in person. The camera flash does it no justice anbd in person it looks like a fine grade hunting rifle with very tight seems and lines. Now if I couild just find tht Model Shop Garand hahahahahah. Thanks,,Rick B

10. Armorer

Armorer Guest

Hey in pic four. The screw that holds the sight in has a cover on it. I dont have one of those.

Never seen that before. Are they still available?

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2002
  11. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

That is a early Flush nut and very hard to find one and when you do there getting up in price. I have heard of a few selling reproduction ones and there cheper but still around $75.00 for the pinion and nut. The checkered Elevation knob is another hot item along with a Windage knob. This time period had one of each if you noticed in the photo. Rick B

12. SteveG

SteveG G&G Newbie

Omaha
    Rick Slater, Thanks, I couldn't rember the sn range for the gas traps. I guess the angle and my eyes were playing tricks on me again.

Steve G.