Just curious about rem 700 .30-06

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by CATFISHNUGGET, May 4, 2008.

1. CATFISHNUGGET

CATFISHNUGGET Guest

This after noon i was in my range at the swamp.I was target particing with my Rem 700 .30-06.I had fired it 3 times and was reloading as i closed the bolt the weapon fired i had my finger no where near trigger.It took out a 4x4 beam on my range shelter scared the heck out of my bloodhound (DUKE) who was dozing by me he went back to shack crawled under it and has not come out.Has anyone else experienced this problem?

2. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

I think that someone set your trigger too light.

3. Bravo

Bravo G&G Newbie

Maybe the firing pin was stuck in the forward position?

Bizarre. Definitely get it looked at by a gunsmith before taking it out again.

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't read about the model. A bolt action would have this problem. The trigger might be set too light. Either that or something broke within the bolt. Can you dry fire it right now? If you can, then it's a trigger issue more than likely.

Still get it checked out.

4. sell33

sell33 G&G Enthusiast

Hmm i had a slam fire a couple weeks ago on my gf's dads savage 223. Something stuck on the pin maybe i honestly have no clue, take it to a good smith is all I can say. That is some scary sh*t tho i know it was when it happened to me, and when i did it it didn't take anything out lol

5. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    go find a competant gunsmith.

6. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

It's only a problem when people mess with the adjustments and set the trigger too light.

7. JOEGUN94

JOEGUN94 G&G Addict

speaking of a remington , i have many, but this one, a 308 , the trigger must be 20 lbs, i did adjust tonight, but, when at the range, i am prepared to ix if need, when i fire it again this weekm i will seal the set screw back, but if you adjust to low, it will slam fire, you must double check the work,

8. Romey

Romey G&G Enthusiast

I have owned 700`s my entire life, and never had it happen or even heard of it, maybe i am out of the loop

9. Last edited: May 4, 2008
  10. CATFISHNUGGET

CATFISHNUGGET Guest

I do thank you for all the advice

11. kygunsmith

kygunsmith Guest

The front screw on the trigger is set TOO light. That is too little engagement w sear. Take it out of the stock and you can literally see where the engagement takes place. Try a full turn back and see it this helps.

12. CATFISHNUGGET

CATFISHNUGGET Guest

Thanks for the advice i did what you said and it seem to fix the problem.I completly broke down and checked everything but what you where talking about fixed it.I open action slowly and fast and hard has not done it again .I worked action 200 times after adjustment thanks