close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just got it today.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Ordered a 91/30 from SOG tuesday for $29.95 for one with a "repairable cracked stock"....it arrived this morning...the only crack I can find is on the hand guard and its a 4" hair line crack so I r very happy...the bore is frosted but good deep rifleing...no cleaning rod and the stock is stined with crasol and some green paint drops on it... made in 1936 by Ivisa? (Circle and Arrow) ammory..but plate and reciever match in serial number but not bolt and magazine area...serial # is only 5 digits..over all Im very happy...plan is to redue the stock in a dark mahogany and reblue the barrel....course my have to call in sick and take it to the range this week...have to see how work goes..got 40 hours in this weekend but boss lady needs me tuesday and wed...:assult:

2. cool!!

did you say $29.???? that a great price for a m91/30 even with a cracked stock, I looked at SOG's website, but couldnt find it listed, is it in the new issue of shotgun news??? please tell me if it is, I have a 1942 izhevesk m91/30, but im missing the buttplate and front globe sight cover, maybe Il buy one of these for parts. p.s. an arrow in a triangle means it's made buy izhevesk. thay also used a hammer and sicle, these where also made by izhevesk.

3. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

SOG and someothers send out a flyer for to people who send them a signed copy of their FFL I have the FFL03 C&R...they sell a lot of stuff no on their web site....It cost me $29 + shipping I also got a bi-bod for 19 with shiping total came to $60. so Im happy...If you dont have a C&R FFL well worth the $30....

4. thanx

thanks for the info, I know, I know, I need to get my C&R soon, thanks agian.