Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did you know I was already eyeballing that M44?

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,353 Posts
Good on ya, GD56! I'm up to seven Mosins, and my buddy has, at last roll call, about fifteen. He occasionally finds one he can't remember having bought! Maybe they do breed . . . ! :bigeyes:

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
I'm at 5 myself. Better start shopping around for a bigger safe.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I had one 91/30 and figured that's all I'd need....

Now I have two 91/59's in the safe. It must have had those two when it was messing with my CETME in there.

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
Good on ya, GD56! I'm up to seven Mosins, and my buddy has, at last roll call, about fifteen. He occasionally finds one he can't remember having bought! Maybe they do breed . . . ! :bigeyes:
Maybe they do. I have several my wife doesn't remember me buying...:09:

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Too Funny guys! I've been leaving a sixpack with my M44 every night hoping he can hook up with my M39! Maybe have a couple of M42's...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I wish my wife were so easy to fool. She knows my guns and the names I've given to them. I've been trying to figure out for weeks how to get one in the safe without her getting upset.

And Gandog56, I'm happy to hear you've bought one. Clean her up real good then love and cherish her all your days.

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Darn it! Lee doesn't have a shellholder for 7.62X54R for the Autoprime II in their universal shellholders kit. Had to order one.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The other day, my wife said to me: "Don't buy anymore rifles". Then later on she followed up with: "No I'm not going to buy you a rifle for Christmas!"

Keep in mind that my first (and last) rifle purchase (over the last 10 years) was a Mosin. It takes a lot of discipline to "avoid" getting more of them, especially at their low price.

Now she views all of my trips to Big5 with heavy suspicion :bigeyes:

LD

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
I've told this stsory before, but what the heck

The other day, my wife said to me: "Don't buy anymore rifles". Then later on she followed up with: "No I'm not going to buy you a rifle for Christmas!"
Keep in mind that my first (and last) rifle purchase (over the last 10 years) was a Mosin. It takes a lot of discipline to "avoid" getting more of them, especially at their low price.
Now she views all of my trips to Big5 with heavy suspicion :bigeyes:
LD
I'll tell it again, anyway.

When I picked up my first Mosin, I took it into the back room where my wife was sitting, and asked her, "want to see what you got me for Christmas?"

When I pulled it out of the box, she asked me "what is it?"

I told her, "it's an old Russian Army rifle."

She looked it up and down, gave me a cold stare, and said, "very nice. And did I also buy you a bayonet to go with it?"

I cheerfully answered, "yep. Matter of fact, you did." It was worth more than what I had paid for the gun, just to see the look on her face when I pulled the bayonet out of the box...

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I heard that the POI changes with the bayonette on or off, Anybody find this to be true? (Haven't been able to get to a range yet)

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
the m44s were sighted in with the bayo. fixed,i dont know about the 91/30.but if it came from tula than its a good shooter they made the best rifles.another thing to check is if it has drill holes on the side of the chamber that has been filled in. if it does than that one was used as a sniper rifle and will shoot a lot better.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Whoa... It's been a looong time, Ganny.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
In forum terms, this is what is called a "necro thread".

·
Registered
827 Posts
I really want to know why you brought this fossil back to life PayneTrain...
Are we that boring that you have to resurrect Lazarus to amuse yourself?

LOL, I'm just busting your chops........oh.....hey thats why I haven't seen Troy2000 in a while...when did he get banned?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts