Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want one now! What a great gun--unlike the Glock, this polymer framed semiauto fits me to a T...I've never shot a Glock I liked--and I figured all the other polymer guns would be pretty much the same--but the XD is a beautifully made piece of equipment with perfect ergonomics--for me anyway--I was shooting dime-sized groups immediately at 10 yards--something I can't claim with a Glock. Partly the nice grip (palm swell) and partly the heavy slide--I liked the loaded chamber indicator and the location of the cocked indicator--but mainly it just points where I want it to without any oddness in my hand.

The included holster is about perfect--with an adjustable tension screw and a very secure "click" when the pistol is fully inserted. While practicing extreme close range draw and fire exercises I was impressed at how handily the shots came onto target--especially considering never having shot the gun before.

Complete with a tactical accessory rail I think the XD is about as good a gun as I need--I have been pretty much turned off by all the polymer framed guns I have shot--but this one has changed my opinion entirely--an excellent weight for all day carry yet stout enough to not be popping around in my hand during rapid fire.

A great gun IMO.:gangster:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Thank you for the review. I've been thinking about getting one but have not had a chance to heft one yet. I may have to get serious about my next gun buy now. I see Springfield has the XD in .45 ACP now!!

-UR

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Thanks for the review Bull Barrel! I've been thinking of getting an XD as well. What model and caliber did you get?

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Bull Barrel...that's my sentiments, exactly :right: . I bought my Sub Compact Springfield XD in 9mm about two years ago for the purpose of having a small, lightweight and accurate CCW piece.

·
Registered
630 Posts
So yesterday I was out running errands with my oldest son (9) and decided to stop in at the local Police Gun & Gear shop. To my surprise, right there in the gun case, next to the 1911s and the Hi-Powers (he has a separate case for all the glocks, doesn’t want to contaminate the good guns) were two XDs. First was an XD40 Bi-tone. (tag said $450) The second was an XD45ACP! ($529) So I asked if I could fondle. And fondle I did!! Now that I’ve held one (two really) I’m sure that I have to get one. I am currently engaged in discussions with the wife regarding “asset reallocation, and reprioritizing”. The guy behind the counter said I had just missed an HS 2000 he had taken in trade earlier in the week and sold the next day. :( Guess I now have a big incentive to fill out the tax return!

-UR

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Uncle Red said:
:( Guess I now have a big incentive to fill out the tax return!
-UR
I heary ya Red! Im still tryin' to convince my wife that "we" need a new XD much more than we need a new sink!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts