Just joined the club

Discussion in 'AK47' started by petrol, Aug 21, 2010.

1. petrol

petrol G&G Enthusiast

I just bought an AK-47.
    It's a california legal version so maybe it should be an AK-42. it looks in pretty good shape I'm not sure where it came from, but i'm in cali so beggars can't be choosers.
    It has a fixed stock and stupid bullet button but when i move to a free state I guess I can change those things.

I'm pretty happy.

2. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Evangelist

Welcome to the sickness petrol!

Post some pics when you can, we never get tired of looking at Uncle Mikhail's gift to mankind on here.

3. JC-75

JC-75 G&G Newbie

IOWA
    Sweet! Beware the AK sickness once it get ahold of you it's hard to shake.

4. Congradulation feller !!! Becareful and don't shoot yourself in the foot...A.H

5. petrol

petrol G&G Enthusiast

thank you sir, I've managed so far and one of 'em is usualy in my mouth anyway.
    :)

6. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

7. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Welcome komrade...

[​IMG]

8. petrol

petrol G&G Enthusiast

well, here it is. my cali legal AK. just as a matter of interest is the muzzle tip supposed to look like this?

Attached Files:

9. yes it is. That was the first thing i thought when i got my first one. good looking rifle there. I bet after shooting that you'll move out of cali real quick to get another.

10. drtybykr

drtybykr G&G Newbie

Welcome to the world
    [​IMG]

11. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Evangelist

Looks good petrol!

What you have there is a slant cut muzzle brake, which I'm surprised Cali lets you have since muzzle devices are inherently evil, lol.

12. petrol

petrol G&G Enthusiast

What's a slant cut muzzle do?
    The first thing I did is push tyhe reciever housing release button. **** thing took ages to get back on.

13. petrol

petrol G&G Enthusiast

What's a slant cut muzzle do?
    The first thing I did is push tyhe reciever housing release button. **** thing took ages to get back on.

14. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

When the gas from the powder comes out the muzzle, the gases push on the slanted part and help keep the muzzle jump down. I personally like the AK-74 type muzzle brake, but the slant works ok.

CNC Warrior :: AK74 style muzzle brake $14.99

15. Kyl63

Kyl63 G&G Newbie

Welcome to the club, I'm pretty new to the AK club myself.

Sorry for the bad picture, girlfriend has my camera and is out of town.

[​IMG]

16. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Evangelist

I left my underfolder with a friend a couple weeks ago and looking at all these nice AKs sure makes me miss her.